LATX Technician, Technical Operations (Temporary) – CBS – Los Angeles, CA
Location: Los Angeles, CA
CBS BUSINESS UNIT: CBS Television Network
JOB TYPE: Temporary / Per Diem / Freelance
JOB SCHEDULE: Part-Time
JOB LOCATION: Los Angeles, CA
CBS Corporation (NYSE: CBS.A and CBS) is a mass media company that creates and distributes industry-leading content across a variety of platforms to audiences around the world. The Company has businesses with origins that date back to the dawn of the broadcasting age as well as new ventures that operate on the leading edge of media. CBS owns the most-watched television network in the U.S. and one of the world’s largest libraries of entertainment content, making its brand — “the Eye” — one of the most recognized in business. The Company’s operations span virtually every field of media and entertainment, including cable, publishing, radio, local TV, film, and interactive and socially responsible media. CBS’s businesses include CBS Television Network, The CW (a joint venture between CBS Corporation and Warner Bros. Entertainment), CBS Television Studios, CBS Studios International, CBS Television Distribution, CBS Consumer Products, CBS Home Entertainment, CBS Interactive, CBS Films, Showtime Networks, CBS Sports Network, Pop (a joint venture between CBS Corporation and Lionsgate), Smithsonian Networks, Simon & Schuster, CBS Television Stations, CBS Radio and CBS EcoMedia. For more information, go to  www.cbscorporation.com.
- Setup of transmission equipment, signal routing, quality control, and monitoring of all incoming and outgoing feeds associated with the CBS Television Network.
- Support transmissions of other CBS and non CBS clients such as CBS Entertainment, CBS Sports, CBS News, and Syndication divisions along with shows produced out of Television City Studios for other networks.
- Manage the coordination of Television City Studios and third party distribution vendors in sending and receiving live and pre-recorded program feeds via satellite and fiber optic connections.
- Ensure all inbound and outbound signals meet or exceed established technical standards.
- Familiarity with broadcasting workflows, transmission encoder set up, routing switcher operation, IRD configuration and decoding, audio PIDS, HD/SDI metadata, captioning encoding, Nielsen encoding, audio mapping, HD/SDI, ASI, Dolby channel encoding, and audio phase relationships are required along with basic knowledge in MPEG compression, multiplexing, encryption, and data transport standards.
- Proficiency in the operations of video/audio/RF and data testing equipment is a must.
- The ability to quickly diagnose and resolve technical issues to maintain proper on-air broadcast operations
- Must be able to work independently and cooperatively with a highly technical team and possess good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Flexible with a variety of shift schedules at times to ensure proper operational coverage.
- BS/BA degree or AS/AA degree in broadcasting or related fields is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in transmission workflow in television broadcasting.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled