Freelance Video Editor / Assistant Editor – Absurd Hero Productions – North Hollywood, CA
Company: Absurd Hero Productions
Location: North Hollywood, CA
Absurd Hero Productions
WORK FOR HIRE – Video Editor / Assistant Editor
Job Title: Video Editor / Assistant Editor
Reports To: Matt Boda
Start Date: TBD
Absurd Hero Productions is looking for an ongoing freelance Video Editor who is proficient in Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects and Photoshop. We are an equal opportunity employer.
In the narrative realm, Absurd Hero Production’s crowning achievement is the 2016 release of their film, Blood, Sweat & Years , which was critically reviewed by the writer of Dallas Buyers Club , Craig Borten, as being “…really, really well done”.
SELECTION / WORK SCHEDULE
The chosen editor will work with the Absurd Hero on a project by project basis, in a freelance capacity. Absurd Hero has a number of exciting projects queued up on their 2020 slate and are hoping to add an amazing editor to our team.
After interviewing candidates, we will do a final review. We will then move on to sharing our production schedule with the editor and map out landmarks and deadlines. There will be goals and hard deadlines, so the candidate must be able to manage their time effectively. We have many projects in the works and we will be moving fast.
- Up to 1-3 years of video editing experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Film/Communications or a related field
- Solid reel/portfolio of compelling Post Production work
- Technical proficiency on Premiere, Final Cut, After Effects, and audio software
- Must exhibit flexibility under pressure and demonstrated ability to produce results
- Able to accommodate unanticipated spikes in workload
- Strong interpersonal skills and desire to be a key collaborator in a creative team
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, and ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
Rate is $20.00 an hour, on a per project basis.
This is an unprecedented opportunity for any young filmmaker so please keep in mind that we would only like to review reels from serious individuals. It is a privilege to make a living from the art of cinema and we want to work with someone who has a strong work ethic, who is punctual, consistent and creative, because these qualities will be vital to the success of a project. We only wish to engage with individuals who can follow through with a commitment.
How to Apply
Please send resumes and reels: Subject Line: “(your name) – AHP Video Editor”. Only qualifying individuals will be contacted for an interview. Thank you and keep the dream alive!
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $20.00 /hour
- Adobe Premiere Pro: 2 years (Preferred)
- Communication Skills: 1 year (Preferred)
- Adobe After Effects: 1 year (Preferred)
- Video Editing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
Full Time Opportunity:
- Multiple locations
- Monday to Friday