Fotokem Intern – Summer 2020 (Academy Gold) – Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences – Los Angeles, CA
Company: Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences
This internship is with Fotokem in Burbank and Hollywood, CA, but is part of the Academy Gold Program, an 8-week internship enhancement program that incorporates learning opportunities including an intensive two-day orientation, weekly panels, exclusive networking events, workshops, screenings, and mentorship opportunities with Academy members. To learn more, please visit the Academy Gold page: www.oscars.org/gold
Fotokem has become a unique brand in video post-production and mastering and found itself at the forefront of the digital revolution. Fotokem has been a place to call home for auteur directors, visionary studios, cinematographers, craftsmen, experimentalists, and nearly every type of filmmaker in between. Over 50 years of collaboration with some of the film industry’s boldest and most brilliant artists have made us more than just a campus of world-class post facilities for filmmaking ? it’s helped us become a de facto creative hub for filmmakers and a crossroads for almost anybody that has grown up in the motion picture industry. When working with filmmakers, bridging the gap between technology and creativity is what we do best. Digital intermediates, dailies, color, audio, visual effects, restoration of beloved classics ? the Fotokem team has reinvented these workflows through the years, but what’s always made us unique is that we approach each of them, always, through the lens, mind, and heart of the filmmaker.
The Intern will have the opportunity to observe, interact and be exposed to work in process within the various areas of postproduction, Film, TV and WWW services that Fotokem provides. The intern will get the benefits of working and rotating through the various facilities of Fotokem, Burbank, and Hollywood, Fotokem Film lab, Fotokem Creative services, Fotokem Media services, Keep Me Posted, and NLS.
- Receiving/order write of materials, vaulting, download and upload of data, media conform.
- DI process, editing, audio, color.
- VFX, television deliverables.
- 35 and 65 mm film process and in providing technical support/editing system for production.
- Must be a junior or senior (undergrad or grad) enrolled in a 4-year accredited university or college with a GPA of 3.0 or above.
- Must have good general computer skills, PC and MAC with prior experience/exposure to various professional software programs used within the industry.
- Self-motivated, high energy individual.
- Passion for the entertainment industry.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Hardworking, proactive and passionate individual.
- Person must be able to be on their feet the majority of the day, with some occasional lifting, pulling and carrying of light to moderate items (up to 40lbs).