Are you an entertainment industry veteran who has always loved comics? Do you dream about spearheading amazing products with the most iconic super heroes in the entire universe? If so, we may have the perfect job for you! Marvel Games is an IP-driven business leveraging a massive library of more than 8,000 super heroes and villains to create incredible games by partnering with the very best companies on Earth. We are looking for a seasoned Executive Director of Strategic Projects to join the Marvel Games team, reporting to the EVP and Head of Marvel Games.
- Be the product vision owner for the strategic projects on your slate.
- Be the primary point of contact and chief problem solver for the external partners you work with.
- Work closely with internal and external creatives to oversee the development and production of your projects from concept to release, and deliver great products that achieve franchise, financial, and schedule goals.
- Ensure that your projects stay true to brand and make best use of the incredibly rich IP within the Marvel Universe.
- Be the subject matter expert in your particular areas of knowledge within the Games team.
- A seasoned pro – You have at least ten years of leadership experience at industry-leading global entertainment companies.
- A subject matter expert – You have mastered the development and production processes for creating episodic content across gaming and television.
- A people person – You always seek to foster deeper and more productive relationships with the people around you, and you treat them the way you wish to be treated – within the team, within the company, and with all of our external partners. You understand that these relationships are built through effective, frequent, and timely communication with those you work. You communicate eloquently to your managers, peers and reports.
- Humble – We partner with the top entertainment companies in the world, so ego has no place on this team. You understand that we succeed only through the success of others.
- An optimizer – Marvel has a bottom-line focused, lean, fast, startup-like culture. You need to be willing to wear many hats, but in exchange you get the freedom to accomplish amazing things.
- Passionate about Marvel – We are crazy about our super heroes across all mediums: games, comics, toys, film, TV, and many others. You are too.
- At least ten years of experience in increasingly demanding roles as a Producer or other production or development leadership positions at industry-leading global entertainment companies.
- Experience working across cultural boundaries on projects with international companies in various regions outside of the U.S.
Bachelor’s Degree or higher.
You will need to send:
- Your resume
- A cover letter which should include your answers to the following questions:
- Why you are interested in working at Marvel Entertainment?
- If you can be any Marvel super hero or villain, which one would you choose and why?