Evening Dailies Coordinator – Light Iron – Los Angeles, CA
Company: Light Iron
Address: Los Angeles, CA
Provide support for the dailies team during off-hours and ensure a smooth transition into the evening dailies shift in the Los Angeles location as well as remote help if needed with other dailies locations/ cities. Interact with clients and operators to ensure realistic expectations and satisfaction. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated individual with excellent people skills and attention to detail. The successful candidate must be able to handle multiple tasks concurrently and be flexible to quickly switch priorities as needed.
- Interact and collaborate with client editorial and production teams, acting as the LI dailies team’s point of contact during off-hours
- Coordinate after-hours media drop-offs and pick-ups and start transfers for Dailies Operators
- Assist with creation of workflow documentation per specifications provided by Dailies Producer
- Assist with work-order creation and billing for dailies work
- Schedule and participate in workflow calls and pre-production workflow meetings
- Communicate details of each shift to the dailies teams ensuring seamless handoffs
- General knowledge of digital cinema cameras (e.g., DXL, ARRI Alexa, Panasonic Varicam) and their workflows
- General knowledge of transcoding software (e.g., Colorfront, Resolve, RedCine-X, Compressor)
- General knowledge of edit platforms (e.g., Avid Media Composer, Apple Final Cut Pro X, Adobe Premiere)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, and team-based environment
- Proven customer-service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of both Mac and Windows operating systems
- Ability to work flexible shifts (OT, extended hours, and weekend work will be required on occasion)
Prompt and regular attendance is required, employees are expected to begin work at the start of their scheduled shift and to complete their assigned work shift according to the responsibilities of their position.
This position works a swing shift (5pm – 2am) and may require long hours and some weekend work.
This job operates in a professional office environment. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, use hands, and reach with hands and arms. The employee may also be required to lift product or equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
Some out-of-state/country and overnight travel may be expected.
We offer competitive pay and a benefits program including: medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more. Light Iron, a Panavision company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, please email resume & cover letter (PDF format only) to [email protected] Phone calls or drop-offs will not be considered.