DreamWorks TV – Associate, Creative Talent Management – NBCUniversal – Glendale, CA
Location: Glendale, CA
Creative Talent Management (CTM) strategizes and facilitates transitions within the organization to solve complex staffing needs and serves as a resource for internal talent to chart a path towards their career goals. We call ourselves “Internal Recruiting”. Under the guidance of the Senior Manager of Creative Talent Management, the CTM Associate partners closely with Physical Production, HR and Recruitment to help build, maintain and guide robust and balanced teams across shows while driving forward studio goals. This position is focused on maintaining comprehensive knowledge of the artistic talent within the studio to ensure effective casting, talent retention and growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partners with Line Producers on transition planning and casting for one specific department or multiple small departments on each TV series
- Handles resource management for evolving schedules / transitions
- Meets with talent to discuss transitions and career planning
- Participates in casting meeting round tables with appropriate show/studio leadership
- Creates recommendations for team makeup for shows based on Executive Producer and Line Producer wish list, talent wish list and balancing talent
- Partners with HR and Senior Manager of CTM to ensure smooth and timely deal negotiations with employees
- Advises show leadership of any potential problems or issues related to casting, offering solutions when possible
- With oversight from the Senior Manager of Creative Talent Management, partner with Studio University Relations in helping to prep and maintain both the Intern and Trainee Programs throughout the year.
- Partner with “External Recruiting” when sourcing for open positions, TeamWorks in prepping for events (names of volunteers), and Training / DreamLearning in generating lists of classes and lectures that the employees are in need of.
- Leverage recruiting efforts to capitalize on studio outreach (i.e., school visits, open houses, teaching / mentoring programs). Support the Studio, our Partners, and our Department by attending events whenever possible.
- Pitch ideas and outings to the Senior Manager of Creative Talent Management for shows or groups of employees of the same discipline, across TV and Feature, to inspire and educate.
Nurturing of Talent:
- Works with talent to enhance performance in current position, as well as, providing guidance to ensure readiness for transition to the next level
- Ensures that performance expectations and feedback are clearly communicated to talent
- Elevates employee performance issues to HR and studio management and collaborates on next steps to resolve such employee performance issues
- Partners with the Senior Manager of Creative Talent Management, HR and show leadership on initiatives to nurture crew morale.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 3-5 years of artistic recruitment, and/or production management experience
- Strong communication skills and the ability to build consensus
- Strong presentation and leadership skills
- Ability to deliver difficult messages/feedback
- Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to keep pace in a fast moving environment
- Demonstrated the ability to work cooperatively with groups of individuals with different personalities, perspectives and talents
DreamWorks Animation Business Groups
From the award-winning storytellers, artist and innovators at DreamWorks Animation and DreamWorks Animation Television come the beloved characters and stories that come alive on the big and small screens. From films like Shrek, How to Train Your Dragon and Trolls to original TV series including Trollhunters, Voltron and Home: Adventures with Tip & Oh, DreamWorks Animation continues to bring home the laughter, fun and courage to dream.
Visit www.dreamworksanimation.com to see our latest animated film and television productions.
DreamWorks is a division of NBCUniversal. At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.