Director, Video Production – Warner Music Group – Los Angeles, CA
Company: Warner Music Group
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Warner Music Group
The Atlantic Records Video Department is responsible for the commissioning of music video and content productions. Producing videos for Atlantic and its partner labels, the department is involved in all aspects of the video production process, from concept to completion.
High Level Job Description : Commission music videos for a variety of developing and established urban musical acts.
Detailed Job Description/ Responsibilities :
- Solicit and develop music video concepts at all budget levels as required.
- Responsible for managing video budgets and timely delivery of final product.
- On set attendance of all commissioned video productions to ensure creative is executed properly.
- Liaise between label executives, band/management and director/production company.
- Identify and build a network of developing director talent.
- Maintain and nurture relationships with existing and new production partners.
- Compile solicitation list and curate treatments for review by artists, management and key label staff.
- Work closely with the artist and label to ensure successful artist imaging.
- Attend edit sessions as needed.
- Ensure videos comply with network and legal standards.
- Attend music video conferences and festivals as needed.
- Successfully integrate product placement/brand partnerships when required.
- Consult and liaise all matters of business with senior executives.
Required Competencies/Skills :
- Able to work effectively in a fast paced and high-volume environment.
- Must have impeccable creative taste.
- A resourceful and innovative problem solver.
- Ability to travel and attend video shoots on nights and weekends when required.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in various stages simultaneously.
- Strong knowledge of all production and post production processes, formats and techniques.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Action oriented and tenacious.
- Strong knowledge of AICP budget format and crew rates.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to maintain composure in a high pressure, deadline-oriented environment.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Comfort with all musical genres and lyrical content.
- Work with integrity.
- Dedicated and committed team player.
Special Requirements/Preferences :
- 3+ years’ experience in music video, film and/or new media.
- Desire for a career in music video and content production.
- A love for sight and sound at the highest level.
Education Required :
- Bachelor of Arts, majoring in film, TV and/or new media degree.