Director, Video Production Operations – Hulu – Santa Monica, CA
Address: Santa Monica, CA
Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smart, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Hulu is seeking a Director of Video Production Operations to join our Marketing team. In this role, you’ll provide strategic leadership and management to shape and grow our live-action and post teams. The right person for this role is an innovative, ambitious, post-production workflow guru and live-action producer. If you are someone who loves collaborating with creative directors, writers, producers, cinematographers, photo directors, editors and motion graphics designers on all projects, while gracefully leading a high volume of creative assets across multiple platforms, this job is right for you!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Lead and grow the live-action and video post-production teams and capabilities of the Hulu Creative Studio to bring value to Hulu
- Lead the full production pipeline for the creation and development of all marketing, publicity, product and advertising promotional assets
- Develop and optimize high-performance, high-volume post-production workflows to finish, color, mix, music license, version and traffic all video creative assets with consistency, quality and efficiency.
- Oversee operations for our internal and external teams in support of brand, content, advertising and internal communications projects.
- Develop and maintain vendor and production freelance contacts
- Provide thought leadership in the creation of Hulu’s future production and post-production facilities including a new sound stage, mixing and coloring facility, VO booth, theatre, screening rooms, editorial bays and studio infrastructure.
- Handle day-to-day troubleshooting of production issues across the team
- Identify and stay current on best-in-class industry tools and processes that drive value for the business
- Provide outstanding customer support and partnership clients
WHAT TO BRING
- 15+ years at a production company / media network/ entertainment marketing environment with experience in production and post-production, online and offline
- Post-supervisor experience at a post-house balancing a variety of workflows and systems
- Experience in entertainment marketing related field
- BA/BS in video or media-related major
- Postgraduate MA/MFA in video or media communications-related major
- VFX post-production workflow experience