The Social Media Director is responsible for daily community management on THR’s social platforms, working alongside the social media team and reporting to the SVP of Growth, the Social Media Director should be organized, proficient on all social platforms and comfortable in a fast-paced newsroom.
The Social Media Director should be well-versed in The Hollywood Reporter and its coverage areas, including Film, television, industry/studio news, cable news, and politics.
This is a full-time position.
- Manage all of the Hollywood Reporter’s social channels and social team members
- Responsible for creating strategies and best practices that will drive the growth of social KPIs
- Plan an editorial calendar around the magazine, breaking news, events
- Create original content based on breaking news and trends
- Monitor social analytics to identify trends and growth opportunities
- Conduct research and analysis of competitive social channels/strategies
- Create and manage the social coverage of all brand and industry events
- 5+ years of social media experience in entertainment and/or for a digital publisher
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios
- Strong copywriting and grammar skills
- Experience covering live events: Red carpets, events, junkets, film festivals, etc.
- Familiarity with awards coverage: Avid watcher of the Golden Globes, Emmys, Oscars, Grammys
- PASSIONATE about entertainment and pop culture
- Experience using Business Manager on Facebook: Ad experience and targeting a plus
- Strong knowledge of Instagram & IG Stories posting strategies
- Knowledge of THR’s content and brand style
- Ability to work quickly in high-pressure situations
- Availability to work nights, weekends, holidays as required
- Power editor and demographic targeting capabilities
- Experience with paid arbitrage/content promotion
- Reports generation in analytics/Google Analytics/Platform analytics
- Strong team management skills