Director, Sales & Digital – Key Accounts – Disney Music Group – Burbank, CA
Disney Music Group job in Burbank, CA
Disney Music Group
It’s the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It’s hard to define and even harder to create, but that’s what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
Disney Music Group is home to Hollywood Records, Walt Disney Records, Disney Music Publishing, Buena Vista Records, and Disney Concerts. The labels’ genre-spanning rosters include (Grammy nominated) Demi Lovato, Queen (in the U.S.), Sofia Carson, ZZ Ward, Breaking Benjamin, Bea Miller, Sabrina Carpenter, Joywave, Olivia Holt, morgxn, Tini Stoessel, Dreamers, BOBI, DCappella, JD McCrary, Adam Hambrick and more. DMG also releases family music and film and television soundtracks such as the chart-topping “Guardians of the Galaxy” “Beauty And The Beast,” “Descendants,” Oscar-winning “Coco” and “Moana” soundtracks, and the Oscar and Grammy-winning “Frozen” soundtrack. Recent releases include “Bohemian Rhapsody,” the Oscar-nominated “Mary Poppins Returns,” “Captain Marvel,” and “Dumbo.” Upcoming soundtracks include “Avengers: End Game,” “Aladdin,” “Toy Story 4,” and “The Lion King.” DMG has a rich catalog with a lasting legacy that has impacted pop culture globally, including music from films like “Snow White,” “Pinocchio,” and “Star Wars,” artists like Annette Funicello, and beloved classics like “It’s A Small World.” Disney Concerts licenses and produces hundreds of shows around the world, including Star Wars in Concert, Disney On Classic, Beauty and the Beast, Soy Luna, and many more.
The Director, Sales & Digital – Key Accounts is responsible for the strategy, creation and execution of retail partner plans at specific key partners, inclusive of music consumption across the business for multiple brand verticals including Disney, Star Wars, Marvel, Disney Channel, Disney Junior, Hollywood Records, National Geographic, Fox, FX, Disney Music Publishing, Disney Concerts and more. This role reports directly to the Director, Sales & Digital – Key Accounts & Analytics.
- Lead relationships at key partners, inclusive of music consumption across the business.
- Develop creative programs with the key partners to market and create engagement with the entire DMG catalog and drive revenue, working closely with their leader (Director, Sales & Digital – Key Accounts & Analytics) to incorporate innovative approaches to advertising and artist development in the ever-changing digital retail landscape.
- Be an evangelist for day to day partners in the following ways: report on key news and partner trends to the broader Disney Music Group, presenting and answering questions from DMG in both formal and informal settings.
- Partner with other divisions at Disney to coordinate and align synergistic marketing efforts and awareness opportunities to achieve shared goals.
- Working with the DMG Marketing Team to create overarching global marketing plans.
- Coordinate partner artist visits and periodic all hands partner meetings to maximize the opportunities around artist releases and other soundtrack and catalog priorities.
- Work with social media team on execution of sponsored posts/content for relevant partner accounts.
- Liaise with UMG (Distribution) team on all campaigns and efforts at the partners above.
Basic Qualifications :
- At least 8-10 years’ experience working in the working in the music industry on key streaming, digital and physical accounts on a global level.
- Strong passion for music and technology.
- An openness to a quickly and perpetually changing landscape.
- Proven success building and maintaining internal and external relationships.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills – diplomacy and interpersonal skills are a necessity.
To apply for this job please click here.
Suggested production jobs...