Director, Media Planning (FX Account) – OMD – Burbank, CA
Location: Burbank, CA
Director, Media Planning (FX Account)
OMG23 is the new Omnicom Media Group agency dedicated to Walt Disney Studios and Disney’s multiple television networks. At OMG23, we have the privilege of partnering with Disney on the planning, buying and implementation of its integrated ad campaigns for some of the entertainment industry’s most iconic brands. Our Walt Disney Studios team works on titles that include a wide variety of blockbuster films distributed under the Walt Disney Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, Pixar Animation Studios, Walt Disney Animation Studios, 20th Century Fox, and Fox Searchlight banners. We are also proud to be Disney’s Agency of Record for their premier television networks including ABC, ABC News, Disney Channels, Freeform, National Geographic and FX. We live movies and TV. If you do too, see below for an opportunity to join our team.
The Director is responsible for managing the integrated media strategy and execution of Disney offline and online media plans. Additionally, he/she is responsible for maintaining effective communication between all internal teams, including TV, digital (including search, social, and analytics), outdoor, multicultural, research and national/local activation teams.
A successful Director has experience and knowledge across all media disciplines, and demonstrates a strong understanding of overarching, high level business objectives. The Director can effectively and efficiently assist in managing a large team within a fast-paced and ever-changing account.
The Director is tasked to lead the media campaign strategy, anticipate client needs and demands, and to manage all communication plans and projects within the team. The Director will mentor his or her team throughout the process, helping to craft career paths and contribute to the development of all employees working under their direction.
- Works with Vice President to manage the development of media campaigns, ensuring that all plans are strategically sound and have solid rationalization
- Works closely internal activation teams to develop and sync overall campaign strategy
- Serves as the client contact for strategic oversight and overall problem solving/troubleshooting
- Plays integral role in TV and digital upfront processes and recommendations
- Presents to clients, with the ability to effectively communicate overall plan strategy, including tactics across all media types
- Helps manage topline assignments outside the day to day workload including:
- Consumer Research and Media Landscape Reports (in conjunction with dedicated research team)
- Competitive Reports
- Helps lead and contribute to overall process efficiencies
- Provides strategic counsel for Associate Directors and Supervisors on the implementation, planning process and analysis across multiple campaigns
- Manages the day-to-day work of team
- Ensures overall accuracy with client budgets, investments and overall execution of media campaigns
- Maintains strong, professional relationships with the clients and vendor community
- Assists Associate Directors and Supervisors to evaluate bigger partnerships and sponsorship opportunities
We encourage you to apply if the below describes your experience and talents:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years previous media experience; Entertainment and/or retail account a plus
- Strong background in traditional and digital media planning
- Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills
- Must demonstrate leadership presence: mature, bright and polished
- Strong time management skills
- Proficient in MS Office with an emphasis on Excel, Nielsen, R/F Reports, IMS Suite, Kantar, MRI, and Simmons