Digital Media Intern – News (Weekends) – UnmutedCo. – Los Angeles, CA
Location: Los Angeles, CA
unmutedco. is an emergent entertainment boutique. the unmutedco.offers professional services for businesses and brands, micro-ed training and skill development programs and is home to unmuted News & Entertainment. With decades of experience, the creators of unmutedco. understood and understand the need to fuse the worlds of legacy and new media. we strive to connect passionate, savvy and unique professionals to brands and service offerings that align with their lives.
*Urban Newsroom/Black News Alerts
Digital Internship (6 MONTHS or 1 YEAR)*
INTERN – Digital Assistant (News & Social Media)
**This internship can be completed remotely. Applicants are not required to live in Atlanta or New York and may be eligible for full college credit with the Urban Newsroom Digital Internship**
Job: Urban Newsroom/Black News Alerts is looking for an enthusiastic intern to write and report on breaking urban news and major, short form stories involving politics, culture, entertainment and music. News writing/reporting is published online, mobile and social platforms.
Duties: Assignments vary day-to-day. Interns can expect to assist with complex investigations, edit B-roll, configure digital rotation, research stories, conduct preliminary interviews, edit audio clips, curate audio and video posts, submit posts and articles to web and social platforms, perform light clerical duties and assist staff members.
Have a genuine interest in media/new media and the growing digital entertainment industry. A great sense of humor works too. Students who are have graduated from high school and are planning to or currently attending an accredited college are eligible. Students majoring in journalism, broadcasting or communications are preferred; other majors will be considered. Participants must have good computer skills, excellent written and verbal communication abilities and knowledge of current events. Applicants must be able to meet the minimum time commitment.
Applicants must have access to phone, computer and high speed internet connection for the full duration of this internship.
- Be a rising junior or senior in college, a grad student, or a recent graduate.
- Be obsessed with the news and follow it relentlessly.
- Live for the thrill of being first to a story.
- Have a knack for brainstorming informative, interesting and fun story ideas.
- Have impeccable writing and editing skills.
- Ability to collaborate across multiple teams and juggle several stories and projects at the same time.
- Have a deep appreciation, understanding and love of GIFs.
Job Type: Internship
Job Type: Internship
Pay: $0.00 per hour
- Social Media: 1 year (Required)
- Writing: 2 years (Preferred)
- Morning (Required)
- Do you have the ability to check email multiple times per day?
- Fully Remote
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Monday to Friday
- 8 hour shift
Company’s Facebook page: