Digital Content Creator – SCRRA/Metrolink – Los Angeles, CA
Address: Los Angeles, CA
The Southern California Regional Rail Authority, operator of the METROLINK Commuter Rail System, is seeking a Digital Content Creator who will be responsible for creating photo and video content for Metrolink advertisements and all social media channels, as well as serving as photographer/ videographer for all internal and external events. The content creator will assist in the creation, scheduling, and posting of social content across Metrolink’s Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube channels – as well as Metrolink.com.
TO APPLY: This recruitment will have a review of applications beginning January 8, 2020. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply immediately.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The duties listed below are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not to be interpreted as an exhaustive list of responsibilities.
- Capture video & photography for Metrolink’s social media program, marketing assets, website and the company newsletters.
- Attend Agency events and press conferences to photograph/film and document events and event coverage.
- Coordinate all aspects of video pre-production: story boarding, scriptwriting, location scouting, casting, prop management and logistics planning.
- Coordinate all aspects of video production: equipment set-up, camera operation, and directing actors & vehicles.
- Coordinate all aspects of video post-production: importing and converting footage, cutting/editing footage, accompanying music, building on brand graphics and text, retouching and color correcting.
- Facilitate photo editing/retouching via Adobe Photoshop & Lightroom.
- Create clip reels, archive videos and distribute videos through various channels.
- Maintain Metrolink b-roll for press inquiries.
- Assist in the planning/ scheduling/ and creative direction of Metrolink photoshoots.
- Maintain all Metrolink camera and video equipment to be kept clean, operational and fully charged.
- Maintain and organize Metrolink photo and video asset library.
- Create and maintain content for Metrolink’s Destinations and Events webpages.
- Assist with the management of the digital media list of social influencers and followers.
- Assist with creating unique, engaging content to fulfill the social media calendars for Metrolink social and digital platforms.
- Keep apprised of social media trends to help further develop Metrolink’s social media program.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Supervision Exercised and Received
- Receive general oversight from management, Director and Executive level roles.
- No formal supervisory responsibilities.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Education and Experience
- High school diploma, GED or its equivalent.
- A minimum of (2) years of work experience in a photography role and experience with various editing software.
- A combination of training, education and or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities may be considered when determining minimum qualifications. Advanced relevant coursework may also substitute for a portion of required experience.
- A valid class C Driver’s License with a satisfactory driving record of no more than three moving violations and no DUI’s within the last three years.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience with digital single-lens reflex (DSLR) cameras, lenses and tripods
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom
- Intermediate experience with Instagram and Facebook
- 4K video camera, mics and lighting
- Adobe Premiere
- Motion Graphics
- Experience with Later, Hootsuite, Brandwatch, Twitter and YouTube
- Read and comprehend complex documents such as contracts, statutes, and regulations
- Collaborate with other departments
- Exercise initiative and judgment in carrying out detailed projects and tasks
- Balance multiple initiative simultaneously
- Handle confidential information
- Transition between standing, walking and sitting at varying lengths of time
- Climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Use hands to finger, handle, feel and grasp tools to perform the duties of the position
- Ability to lift, hold and move objects up to 25 lbs.
- Hear and perceive the nature of sounds
- Listen and express or exchange ideas by means of spoken words
- Adjust visual focus
Position requires work in a normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, or temperature. Based on job duties, work may also be conducted in outdoor environments, at construction sites, railroad track and right-of-way environments, and warehouse environments, with possible exposure to individuals who are hostile or irate, moving mechanical parts, and loud noises (85+ decibels, such as trains, heavy trucks, construction, etc.).
SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION: Selection Process:
Following a review of resumes and/or applications, the most highly qualified candidates will be invited to continue in the selection process. Eligible applicants will be notified of the exact time and place of assessments and interview. Candidates will be interviewed to determine their relative knowledge, skills and ability in job related areas. Offers of employment may be contingent upon successful completion of a reference check, including degree verification and criminal records check provided through SCRRA.
Internal Candidates: Employees with active discipline as defined in the HR Policy No. 5.3 Positive Discipline Program and/or with performance that does not meet the standard for “meets expectations” as defined in the Performance Planning and Appraisal Process may be precluded from consideration and placement in the position.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the SCRRA will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
The SCRRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EEO/ADA