We are currently searching for a Data I/O Specialist to work the swing shift (4:30pm-1:00am) in our Data I/O Department located in Burbank, California.
Do you think you have what it takes? Candidates up for the challenge must be self-motivated, with superior work ethic and ability to work to strict delivery deadlines, with minimal direct supervision.
The I/O Department is responsible for trafficking all digital content to, from and within the facility. This position manages incoming files, ingests assets into the Media Asset Management System and assists with file staging and archiving as needed. Prep, package, pre-qual and deliver files through high-speed file transfer software. Manage operator queues through order management system to ensure accurate, on-time delivery. Assist with Data Management duties as needed.
- Deliver files using Aspera, Signiant and SmartJog delivery tools.
- Data Asset Management, Data I/O and assisting in the creation of encoded and transcoded files, for delivery across multiple, broadcast, VOD, online retailer/internet platforms worldwide.
- Metadata creation, packaging, package QC & delivery
- Resolve issues either technical or deadline related, and collaborate with operational departments and client services, towards a timely resolution
- Engage in on-going training
- Operation of various asset and workflow management tools
- Represent and uphold all department policies and procedures and maintain an exceptional level of service for our customers
- Undertake additional department duties as required
Desired Skills and Experience
- 2+ years of post-production or media distribution experience required
- 1+ years of metadata creation and packaging experience required
- Knowledge of all open digital delivery platforms such as Aspera, Smartjog and Signiant (Signiant Workflow creation a plus) required
- Proficient in major online retailer Metadata / XML Creation and Verification, Digital Packaging and Quality Control processes
- Results oriented with strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and both written and verbal communication skills
- In depth knowledge of audio/video, physical and file formats and electronic delivery platforms
- Strong multi-tasker, with experience with organizing and managing multiple priorities, while retaining comprehensive knowledge of multiple workflows
- Strong ability to follow direction, work unsupervised, at a fast pace in a calm and collected manner
- Ability to troubleshoot and act as a critical thinker
- Experience with file creation tools such as FFMpeg, Digital Rapids, StreamZHD , FCP, Compressor, Rhozet Carbon Coder, WFS, DVS Clipster, Flip Factory, Media Deck, MacCaptions a plus
- Working knowledge of Python, Linux, C++, HTML, Java a plus
- Experience with metadata a plus
- Perform other related duties as assigned or related to postion
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Knowledge of television production equipment and software is required
- Knowledge of studio-based production and post production techniques required
- Understanding of technical workflows is required
- Positive, collaborative and unselfish interpersonal skills with strong verbal, written communication skills, including the ability to effectively convey requests and ideas to editors, graphic and audio designers, talent, etc., are required
- Strong understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives
- Willing and able to learn, understand, and grow with the business
- Team-oriented in a highly collaborative environment
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines
- Flexible during times of change
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
- Able to execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Desire to mentor and train less experienced/junior to mid-level employees
- Proficiency in Word & Excel with basic math skills
- Familiarity with graphics & editing programs is a plus
- Good organizational and project coordination skills are necessary, including the ability to compile materials. Good problem solving skills and the ability to multitask and work effectively under changing priorities and time constraints
- Willingness to work nights, weekends, flexible hours, work on location, etc
- Knowledge of business and customer service and service methods
- Skill in understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents
- Skill in using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Skill in communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience
- The ability to work independently at tasks that require concentration
- Language and communication skills to receive instructions, follow directions, and work both productively and safely
- Continual computer keyboard and monitor use while sitting to perform desk-related work for extended periods of time.
- Continual use of telephone system to receive and convey information
- Occasional walking, grasping, reaching, bending, carrying, and lifting (up to 20 lbs.).
- Position may require employee to be available to work overtime, depending on the Company service requirements.
- Position may require employee to be available to work 8 hours a day and 5 days a week, depending on the Company scheduling requirements
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
Visual Data Media Services authorizes and provides an unpaid meal period, which must be taken for at least thirty minutes and it must commence before the end of the fifth hour of employment. If a non-exempt employee works more than ten hours in one day, the employee may take a second unpaid meal period of at least thirty minutes, which may be waived by mutual consent of both the employer and employee provided the first meal period was taken as long as a Meal Break Waiver Form is on file with Human Resources. If the total work period per day is no more than six hours, the meal period may be waived by mutual consent of both the employer and employee.
Visual Data Media Services authorizes and provides duty-free rest periods for all non-exempt employees. Rest periods consist of at least ten minutes of “net” rest time for each four-hour work period or a major fraction thereof. Rest periods generally occur in the middle of the work shift to the extent practicable. Rest periods are not documented in employee time records.
The Data I/O Specialist position works in an office environment, utilizing a phone, computer and printed data to perform work. The office environment is typically quiet with ambient temperatures that are normally controlled by heater units or A/C units. The Data I/O Specialist often sits for long periods of time and may work in a time-sensitive environment related to client and service completion, resulting in a demanding and fast paced environment.
In the event that an employee is or becomes disabled from performing one or more of the essential functions of the job, Visual Data Medial Services will engage in an interactive dialogue in a good faith attempt to identify a reasonable accommodation that permits a qualified employee to perform the essential functions of the employee’s job if the requested accommodation does not result in an undue hardship to the company.