Coordinator, Physical Production, Original Studio Film – Netflix – Los Angeles, CA
Location: Los Angeles, CA
- Los Angeles, California
We are seeking an experienced Physical Production Coordinator to work in Original Studio Films on owned originals. Together, this team is responsible for supervising all aspects of production for Original Studio Films.
Netflix is the world’s leading streaming entertainment service with over 158 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
A successful candidate will be self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, able to pivot when necessary, innovative, thorough and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail at all times. This is a demanding and fast moving position that requires someone who is a proactive and positive thinker and able to exercise good judgment and initiative.
- In concert with the Physical Production Executive, able to serve as a bridge between the productions and internal Netflix teams to ensure both sides receive pertinent updates in a timely manner
- Work with cross-functional teams at Netflix (Creative, Finance, Post-Production, Music, VFX, Risk Management, BA and BTL Legal, Labor, Tax, Immigration, Safety and Transportation) to ensure that films are successfully produced
- In coordination with the Physical Production Executive, champion evolving technologies and determine how to incorporate into and enhance production workflows
- In collaboration with inter-departmental Netflix production teams, develop and update physical production “best practices” and refine evolving film production guidelines to deliver to filmmakers and ensure production guidelines are followed
- Coordinate the onboarding process for freelance producers and production crews to the Netflix ecosystem, tools and resources
- Work with Physical Production Executive to create, update and proactively maintain inward and outward-facing production resources and documents
- Passion for filmmaking
- 3+ years experience in freelance production as an APOC, POC or as an in-house coordinator at a major studio or production company.
- Ability to handle a fast paced environment
- Team player who operates in a fast paced team oriented setting
- Ability to travel to productions as needed both domestically and internationally
- Access to long roster of high quality vendors and talent worldwide
- Ability to respond after hours for important, timely or urgent matters
- Ability to be discrete and maintain confidential information
- Understanding of how to prioritize and respond accordingly
- Willingness to continue learning to ensure understanding of current production process
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multitask
- Proficiency in the Google ecosystem (e.g. Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides, Google Mail, Google Contacts)
- Beneficial (but not required): Movie Magic Budgeting, Movie Magic Scheduling
Share this listing: