Content Acquisition Coordinator, HBO Max – HBO Max – Burbank, CA
Company: HBO Max
Location: Burbank, CA
Build the Future of Entertainment
HBO Max is WarnerMedia’s direct-to-consumer (DTC) offering debuting in May 2020. With over 10,000 hours of curated premium content anticipated at launch, HBO Max will offer powerhouse programming for everyone in the home, bringing together HBO, a robust slate of new original series, key third-party licensed programs and movies, and fan favorites from WarnerMedia’s rich library, including Warner Bros., New Line, DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more.
Our DTC team is laying the foundation for HBO Max, and we need highly motivated, uniquely skilled, and technically agile experts across a variety of disciplines to accomplish things that have never been done before.
HBO Max’s rapidly growing Content Acquisition team is looking for an experienced Coordinator. Based in our Burbank offices and reporting to the Senior Director, Content Acquisition, the Coordinator will provide critical support to the team’s content-licensing efforts.
- Track content from submissions and evaluation, through offers and negotiation, while communicating key information to stakeholders across the organization.
- Screen and evaluate submissions.
- Conduct market research.
- Analyze content performance.
- Prepare reports and presentations for senior management.
- Innovate and improve on team workflows, processes and deliverables.
- Take on new projects and responsibilities as needed.
- Minimum of 4 years’ relevant entertainment-industry experience.
- Strong knowledge of film industry, television market, and digital-distribution landscape.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; expert-level proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint, Airtable and Word.
- Demonstrated agility, flexibility and capability to thrive in a fast-paced, demanding, start-up atmosphere.
- Ability to work independently on multiple deadline-driven projects.
- Ability to collaborate effectively across many teams with different priorities.
- Curiosity, confidence, and initiative
- BA/BS degree
- Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.