Cinematographer Video Production Internship – Heat Dance, LLC – Los Angeles, CA
Company: Heat Dance, LLC
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Heat Dance, LLC
To apply: visit https://heatdancecompany.com/internshipapplication to complete the application form and submit for job consideration.
About the Position
Heat Dance is currently seeking cinematography-focused video production interns to join our production team who are self-motivated and has a passion for photography, music/dance video production, and working in creative groups. Our ideal candidate is someone who has experience making short films and/or music videos and is seeking a career in directing, cinematography, etc. and is interested in videography, editing, and film production.
Our intern will work with the production team to create dance videos (shot like music videos, but with focus on dancing opposed to singing) as well as instructional workout & choreography videos for Heat Dance Online. Depending on the varying interests and skills of the candidate, our intern will contribute to the planning & development of the videos, cinematography, editing, mixing, rendering, and publishing.
About the Company
Based in LA, Heat Dance was founded on the belief that people are happier and healthier when they have rich experiences in movement and sensory input (ie. Dance, fitness, social experiences). We exist as an app and as brick & mortar studios: Heat provides an interactive dance community and education platform online, inspired by the immersive dance experiences we deliver daily in our state-of-the-art studios—part dance class, part exercise, part immersive theatre; our goal is to create a happier, healthier society through dance and technology. Live your best life as your true self at HEAT DANCE!
Location: Offices & studios in the Brentwood neighborhood of Los Angeles, CA, in-person
Dates: 2020 Spring Session: March 20 – June 6 with Orientation on Weds, March 18
2020 Summer Session: June 1 – Sept 18 with Orientation on Weds, May 27
2020 Fall Session: Sept 8 – December 18 with Orientation on Weds, Sept 2
Hours: for Production specifically, Shoots are Fridays at varying times between 7am – 6pm. Prep meetings are usually Wednesdays but will be decided based on group availability, so be sure to complete the form on our application at https://heatdancecompany.com/internshipapplication
Compensation: Unpaid internship but with opportunity for potential future employment. If school credit is possible, will work with candidate to achieve credit requirements.
Future: Can lead to increased responsibilities and involvement over time, with the potential to expand into the PR, digital marketing, or design areas based on the intern’s proven skills and dedication.
What you’ll get:
- professional-grade materials as work examples for your portfolio + resume highlights
- The exciting opportunity to be part of and to learn from a growing startup, build connections with amazing people, and have fun!
- Ability to contribute ideas and solutions all the time (seriously, all the time)
- A huge network! Not only are we USC undergrad and UCLA MBA grad students, the UCLA Anderson Accelerator also brings in great mentors and people from the startup world including the partner of Lightspeed Ventures (ahem, Snapchat). You’ll have access to our workspace, speakers, entrepreneurship workshops, and more
- Awesome letters of recommendation!
- Employment opportunities post-internship!
- Record video footage of dances and choreography, manage editing and rendering them ready to post
- Run pre-production, production, and post-production of dance videos
- Create story lines and scripts as necessary to implement with video
- Brainstorm on the regular: work with marketing to brainstorm and assist with content, campaigns, and marketing
- Monitor trends in social media, entertainment, dance, and applications and appropriately apply that knowledge to create viral content that will increase word of mouth
- Anything else that may interest you! We wear many hats and are intentional in finding opportunities to develop our team members!
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Wanting an amazing, unforgettable internship
- A proactive self-starter who enjoys autonomy and taking action
- Great communicator, responsive over email & telephone
- Great with conveying stories through video
- Proactive idea generator (we love new ideas!)
- Efficiency – work smarter, not harder
- A sense of humor and natural creativity
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment while working with team members
- Must be extremely resourceful with a “can-do” & “I’ll find a way” attitude
- Expertise within your choice of software – Final Cut, AVID, even iMovie, etc
- Must be video equipment savvy and have a strong interest in dance and music
- Strong knowledge of leading social media platforms (FB, IG, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Twitter, Snapchat, Youtube, etc.) and viral content as well as knowledge of emerging trends and technologies
- Adobe expertise is a plus – we use a lot of Adobe Photoshop, Premiere, InDesign, etc
Social Media Marketing, Communication Skills, Adobe Photoshop, Videography, Digital and Film Photography, Videography and Video Editing, Digital Photography and Videography
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Internship
Salary: $0.00 to $22.00 /hour
- Store Discounts
- One location
- Multiple locations
- Flexible schedule
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
Hours per week:
- Less than 10
- 1 – 3 months
- 4 – 6 months
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- College Credit
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Innovative — prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Innovative — innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented — results-focused with strong performance culture
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused