Character & Hard Surface Modeler – Deluxe Entertainment – Burbank, CA
Company: Deluxe Entertainment
Address: Burbank, CA
Character & Hard Surface ModelerDescription
Encore, a Deluxe Entertainment Services Group company, has a position in its visual effects department in Burbank, CA. Encore is an Emmy award winning VFX house, providing outstanding visual effects work for television and motion pictures. Encore provides post production services to top television series and is owned by Deluxe Entertainment Services Group Inc. Deluxe is the leading provider of a broad range of entertainment industry services and technologies to major Hollywood Studios and an international client base.
We currently have an opening for a Senior Character Modeler with extensive background and experience in sculpting and construction high poly photo-real organic and mechanical characters. The position will be located in Burbank, CA.
- Responsible for constructing photo-real high poly, as well as low poly organic models by using photo references, concept designs, or scan data.
- Production experience with Render Man, Katana, Maya.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with creating digi-double for fast pace environment.
- Be able to model hard surface pieces as needed.
- Create proper UDIM layouts and have a thorough understanding of multiple texturing and shading techniques across 3dsMax and Maya pipelines.
- Be able and willing to teach and guide character artists on making models, texturing and shading corrections.
- Work closely with the VFX Supervisors and CG Supervisors on the construction and optimization of the character modeling pipeline to improve quality and production.
- Meet production deadlines for multiple shows.
- At least 5 years of overall CG experience with a minimum of 3 years of production level character modeling skills required.
- Ideal candidate would also possess knowledge of creating blend shapes and a familiarity with character rigging applications.
- Must possess abilities to follow art direction and work efficiently within a collaborative production environment.
- Extensive experience in Render Man, Katana, Maya is preferred, with secondary experience in 3dsMax as bonus. Extensive knowledge of Zbrush.
- Familiarity with working with 3d scan data a plus.
- Fine arts background and proficiency working in Photoshop and Mari are a plus. Extensive understanding of human anatomy is a plus.
- Candidate must show ability to work well under pressure and meet fast turn-around deadlines.
About Deluxe Entertainment Services Group Inc.
Deluxe Entertainment Services Group Inc. is the global leader in digital services and technology solutions for content creation and delivery. Since 1915 Deluxe has been a trusted partner to Hollywood studios, independent filmmakers, TV networks, online content producers, brands, and anyone looking to bring stories and experiences to audiences. Deluxe Creative companies house the world’s top talent, amplified through a unified technology and business infrastructure to streamline processes, move media seamlessly, and connect our teams globally. Deluxe Delivery Solutions offer everything clients need to transform and deliver content in any format and release or broadcast window, for any recipient, to any device and destination. With headquarters in Los Angeles and New York, and operations in 25 key media markets worldwide, the company relies on the talents of 7,000 of the industry’s premier artists, experts, and innovators.
Deluxe Entertainment Services Group Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.