Are you looking for the next opportunity to revolutionize an industry? If so….
We are looking for a Casting Assistant whose primary job will be to support Casting Directors with all aspects of their casting responsibilities. The Casting Assistant will be trained in all aspects of casting, and will be prepared to enter the role of a Casting Director.
- Telephones – respond quickly to client’s needs: take messages, information for new business calls, transfer calls, etc.
- Acquire knowledge of all office systems: including but not limited to phones, computers, office machines, etc.
- Communicate accurate show information to talent and check talent availability as required
- Support Team members by: pulling photos by accurate description for clients, checking background availability, setting up fittings or interviews, calling out details or making call time changes, etc.
- Effectively serve as a member of the on-call team & fulfill all responsibilities associated with opening the office
- Contact Station 12 for SAG & AFTRA members as needed & produce Taft Hartley paperwork.
- Distribute faxes, file show information daily and research show files as needed.
- Accurately report attendance and/or behavioral or client service issues
- Participate in Team Meetings and produce weekly status reports.
- Observe and learn all aspects of casting in preparation of becoming a Casting Director.
- Cast projects as assigned under supervision of a Casting Director.
- Attend Production Meetings, set visits, and make deliveries and pick-ups as needed.
- Other projects as assigned.
- Must be able to work Wed through Sunday 2pm to 11pm.
- Must be willing to work overtime when needed.
- High school diploma required. College graduate preferred.
- General knowledge of the Entertainment Industry.
- Casting Experience preferred.
- Excellent Client service / people skills- ability to work with many different personalities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to multi task and work in a high stress and noisy office environment
- Self-starter with a positive attitude.
- Supporter of company procedures and values.
- Must have reliable independent transportation.