Beyond the Summit is looking for a Broadcast Production Manager to lead its broadcast team. Extensive leadership experience and passion for broadcast are essential, as well as strong technical & engineering skills.
The ideal candidate is a veteran who knows how to motivate, lead, and grow a team while delivering consistently excellent broadcast products. You will be the primary voice representing the company’s broadcast team and needs in matters such as hiring, equipment, scheduling, and event budgeting. You should be comfortable having candid conversations with folks at all levels in the company, including senior leadership, junior team members, and hired contractors.
You know there is no such thing as a typical day in the broadcast world. Yet it will be your job to bring method to the madness that is working in esports. You relish the opportunity to be first one in, last one out, and you have experience dealing with crises and remaining calm under pressure even at the end of a very long show day.
Beyond the Summit is a small, agile company, and you may be expected to be able to help out with a variety of other responsibilities outside of those detailed below.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Execute all live broadcasts on time and under budget with best possible production value, while ensuring employee welfare and work life balance are maintained.
- Take ownership for the full spectrum of BTS broadcast products, including studio shows, live events, online tournaments, 1st party products, and 3rd party/whitelabel gigs.
- Lead and mentor the broadcast team. Oversee all broadcast personnel decisions in collaboration with HR, including staffing, daily operations, onboarding/offboarding, training, scheduling, and daily operations + management of the Production Team.
- Spearhead production innovation efforts. Craft strategy for new feature development and enhance production value across all shows.
- Work closely with business development team and directly with clients / partners to ensure the best product execution from initial concept through final show wrap.
- Help create accurate budgets for internal and client-based projects.
- Lead and represent the production team in interdepartmental initiatives.
- Oversee operation, development, and maintenance of BTS’s broadcast studios
- Collaborate with vendors to negotiate the best possible rates and cultivate relationships.
- Manage a network of talented operators and subject matter experts in areas such as Lighting, Production Design, Camera/Jib Operation, Replay, Broadcast, Engineering, Venue & Logistics, Unions, Audio, Electrical, Rigging, Network / Internet, etc
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- 5+ Years of experience in live production and engineering
- Confidence and ability to lead a diverse team of producers, engineers, & other subject matter experts.
- Deep knowledge of broadcast / livestream industry standards, equipment, technologies, signal flows, & best practices
- Expert level knowledge of the live broadcast environment in esports
- Passion for gaming, esports, and live streaming
- Knowledge of industry standard costs and network of industry contractors
- Superb organizational skills and time management
- High level of responsiveness and excellent communication skills
- Calm and focused in crises; excellent ability to triage under pressure
- Willingness to work long and unusual hours when necessary, including weekends and occasional overnight shows
Job Type: Full-time
- Flexible Schedule
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 10 Hour Shift
- 12 Hour Shift
- 8 Hour Shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night Shift
The overwhelming majority of our staff are working from home. Essential staff who must be in office are required to wear masks and wash their hands every 30-60 minutes. We sanitize the space regularly (and several times per day during productions).
- Broadcast: 5 years (Required)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Innovative — innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented — results-focused with strong performance culture
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible