Board Operator – Part Time – Power106 – Burbank, CA
Location: Burbank, CA
Power 106 FM (Meruelo Media), located in Burbank, CA, is looking to hire an energetic, highly confident, highly organized, hardworking, self-motivated, and dependable part-time Board Operator.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performs activities in the radio studio and control room to ensure technical quality of sound for programs origination in the studio or from remote pickup points.
- Operates control board for studio and remote programming.
- Retrieve & edit audio for local daily elements – Sports, News, live interviews, pre-recorded interviews, bits
- Add new listener involvement with use of Vox Pro every afternoon in the mix and over rejoins. This audio will include, but is not limited to, winner actualities, school/city shout outs, and any other strong content.
- Regulates timing of programs and plays commercials.
- Ensure all elements and commercials run according to perspective log & complete all administrative duties that relate.
- Catalog and clean out Vox Pro.
- Contribute creative content ideas in daily meetings.
- Find pop culture audio and ideas for the crew to present on air – Including Hip-Hop, Sports, TV, Movies, Comedy, Technology
- Other job-related duties as required.
Candidates must possess the following qualifications and skills:
- High school diploma or equivalent required. College degree preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in related field
- Strong oral and written communication skills required.
- Ability to communicate precisely and effectively with show talent and/or producer to ensure proper show execution
- Outstanding organization skills, attention to detail and the ability to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-pace environment.
- Exceptional skills with Scott automation systems, Vox Pro, Adobe Audition, Pro Tools
- Ability to problem solve and be proactive in a programming mentality.
- A keen understanding of the mainstream nature of Hip Hop, and its influence on all elements of pop culture.
- Radio/Broadcast knowledge a plus.
Job Type: Part-time
- Board Operator: 2 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)