AV Technician (Seasonal) – Disney Parks
Company: Disney Parks, Experiences and Products
Location: Glendale, CA
Disney Parks, Experiences and Products
- Responsible for the inventory planning, maintenance and operation of local onsite technical equipment.
- Primary technical operator for internal meetings and business partner events to include pre-production, development, load in, execution and load out of equipment.
- Manage video projection, staging, switching of multiple sources, sound reinforcement and signal distribution to various locations.
- Providing house sound/signal to videographers, event streaming, and presentation troubleshooting.
- Liaison with Technical and Special Event Managers and clients on audio visual solutions to best meet meeting goals.
- Timely completion of assignments in accordance with Special Event Manager and/or client planning timelines.
- Manage external technical resources, when applicable.
- Establish and support rehearsal schedules as needed.
- Design and develop floor plans and signal flow diagrams.
Basic Qualifications :
- Candidates must have at least 2 years of hands-on technical production experience in meeting management, special events, and/or corporate conferences.
- Intermediate technical knowledge of professional A/V equipment including microphones, sound mixers, patch bays, video switchers, data projectors and PC/Mac presentation software.
- Must be flexible and adaptable to change.
- Must possess a positive/can-do attitude and be able to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced demanding environment
- Must be a self-starter, team player with a genuine enthusiasm for Disney, consumer products, and special events.
- Keynote and Presentation troubleshooting skills
- Lighting, video, camera, audio experience
- Flexible schedule as evenings and weekends are involved occasionally
- Ability for travel
- Must be in good physical condition as the position requires constant walking, maneuvering equipment with cables, a/c cords and electrical current, with an ability to lift, push, and carry standard, heavy audio visual equipment.
- Willingness to lay cable, connecting machines, operate equipment.
- Must be comfortable interacting with executives
- Prior experience in working with and/or for TWDC a plus.
Required Education :
- Associates degree or equivalent in video production, engineering, theatre or audio design