AV Technician (Seasonal) – Disney Parks, Experiences and Products – Glendale, CA
Company: Disney Parks, Experiences and Products
Address: Glendale, CA
Disney Parks, Experiences and Products
To support DPEP in developing and executing creative and innovative events that drive business results. To deliver best in class audio visual support through exceptional communication, collaboration and creativity.
The AV Technician (CT) will assist a team of technical and event managers to execute strategic business meetings and events in support of DPEP initiatives. He/she will coordinate day-to-day technical operations of local facilities and support technical manager in planning large-scale offsite events. The Technician will also independently manage and coordinate all audio visual (projection, lighting, audio, presentation support, and labor) for smaller internal and business partner programs as directed by Senior Technician, Technical and Special Event Managers.
- Responsible for the inventory planning, maintenance and operation of local onsite technical equipment.
- Primary technical operator for internal meetings and business partner events to include pre-production, development, load in, execution and load out of equipment.
- Manage video projection, staging, switching of multiple sources, sound reinforcement and signal distribution to various locations.
- Providing house sound/signal to videographers, event streaming, and presentation troubleshooting.
- Liaison with Technical and Special Event Managers and clients on audio visual solutions to best meet meeting goals.
- Timely completion of assignments in accordance with Special Event Manager and/or client planning timelines.
- Manage external technical resources, when applicable.
- Establish and support rehearsal schedules as needed.
- Design and develop floor plans and signal flow diagrams.
Basic Qualifications :
- Candidates must have at least 2 years of hands-on technical production experience in meeting management, special events, and/or corporate conferences.
- Intermediate technical knowledge of professional A/V equipment including microphones, sound mixers, patch bays, video switchers, data projectors and PC/Mac presentation software.
- Must be flexible and adaptable to change.
- Must possess a positive/can-do attitude and be able to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced demanding environment
- Must be a self-starter, team player with a genuine enthusiasm for Disney, consumer products, and special events.
- Keynote and Presentation troubleshooting skills
- Lighting, video, camera, audio experience
- Flexible schedule as evenings and weekends are involved occasionally
- Ability for travel
- Must be in good physical condition as the position requires constant walking, maneuvering equipment with cables, a/c cords and electrical current, with an ability to lift, push, and carry standard, heavy audio visual equipment.
- Willingness to lay cable, connecting machines, operate equipment.
- Must be comfortable interacting with executives
- Prior experience in working with and/or for TWDC a plus.
Required Education :
- Associates degree or equivalent in video production, engineering, theatre or audio design