Our small and agile team (currently 4 full-time staff plus about 20 freelance student workers) produces nearly all of the video and photography used to market the University. We also handle most of Biola’s internal video production needs. That means that every single day is different: At any point our team could be working on a large ad campaign, shooting documentary/testimonial type content, live-streaming a multi-camera event, recording a chapel or lecture, engineering a podcast, or executing a high-end marketing photo shoot.
The Associate Video Producer is a creative storyteller who will work on a variety of these projects — creating compelling and engaging video content to meet Biola’s marketing needs. On some projects, they may play a supporting role (editor, camera op, etc.), and on other projects they may be the lead producer — overseeing the project from conception to completion (including directing, DPing, writing, etc.).
The ideal candidate for this position will have a positive “can-do” attitude, a passion for excellence, and a genuine heart for supporting the rest of our team. They’ll readily contribute their skills and creativity to make all of our projects the best they can be.
Learn more and apply at https://www.biola.edu/video-jobs
- Be an agile member of the Video Production team, able to act in a wide variety of production and post-production roles, as dictated by the needs of the project and the needs of their supervisor. Example roles include (but are not limited to) editor, camera operator, director of photography, gaffer, grip, writer, and director.
- When leading a project: Work closely with our coordinator and client to determine project requirements, deadlines, and goals. Research, plan, write, light, shoot, edit, and finish in accordance with those requirements, deadlines, and goals.
- Ensure that all projects meet Biola’s quality standards and brand guidelines.
- Work closely with the Video Production team and the rest of University Marketing to brainstorm new, innovative ideas for video projects that would further Biola’s institutional aspirations.
- Demonstrated experience producing a wide range of high-quality production work.
- Be a storyteller, able to weave together visuals, dialogue, music, and other creative elements to produce the desired emotional response.
- Expert knowledge and demonstrated skill with video editing and post production software, such as Premiere Pro, After Effects, Resolve, Photoshop, and similar.
- Expert knowledge and demonstrated skill with modern video and stills camera systems (we currently shoot video and stills on Ursa Mini Pro, a7R3, 5D3, and XDCAM EX).
- Has an ear for high-quality sound and knows how to get the best sounding result through proper equipment selection and placement.
- Able to expertly set up, adjust, and operate a wide variety of industry specific equipment including cameras, lighting, microphones, and grip gear during production.
- Able to communicate accurately with the Video Production Team using industry-standard production terminology.
- Able to apply industry-standard and modern techniques to camera operation and lighting design to ensure professional-looking results.
- Able to safely and professionally achieve desired lighting and camera setups in a wide variety of locations (interior, exterior, studio), with available equipment and limited time.
- Knowledge of and experience with video compression for digital and physical deliverables.
- Team player with a positive attitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer relation skills. Acts as a positive representative for Biola and University Marketing when interacting with clients, subjects, other constituents, and fellow creatives.
- High level of attention to detail, accuracy and nuance.
- Able to quickly adapt to changing shooting situations, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and thrive under pressure.
- Able to work well independently, as well as with others in our production group.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends to accommodate production and event schedule.
- Able to regularly and safely lift production equipment and cases (at least 50 pounds).
- Experience and comfort with still photography is a big plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Film Production or related field, (or 3+ years of professional experience).
- Holds personal theological beliefs that are in agreement with the Biola Doctrinal Statement. Maintain a lifestyle consistent with sound Christian principles and standards of conduct promulgated by the institution.
Reports to: Assistant Director of Video Production & Digital Media Strategy
Hours Per Week: 40
Months Per Year: *12
Please note that ONLY applications submitted at https://www.biola.edu/video-jobs can be considered for this position. Applications submitted through Indeed or dropped off in-person will not be accepted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Relevant: 3 years (Required)
- La Mirada, CA 90639 (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule