We are Estrella Media, a leading vertically integrated, multi-platform, Spanish-language media company operating the EstrellaTV Network, digital media platforms and radio and television stations across all of the top U.S. Hispanic markets. Producing over 2,500 hours annually of original video programming, the company is one of the largest U.S. producers of Spanish-language content.
Estrella Media is looking for a person who is committed, organized, creative, proactive and interested in national and world events. A person immersed in the digital world with experience in web and social networks. Someone who is interested in being part of a new digital news platform focused towards Hispanic youth in the United States. A good writer (in Spanish) with excellent grammar and spelling.
- Works with Producer and is responsible for the production and editorial content of a designated digital news platform.
- Responsible for writing, video editing, shooting, and organizing scripts.
- Provide day-to-day supervision to and assign work schedules for camera crew, production assistants and runners.
- Oversees editorial content process, including editing video and audio, and pitch story ideas.
- Responsible for maintaining content for the digital news platform.
- Have broad experience in the production process with solid writing and editing skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot production problems that may arise.
- Strong organizational and planning skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to motivate and supervise people.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a high pressure fast paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Fully bilingual: English/Spanish.
- Exceptional writer and storyteller.
- Experience with WordPress.
- Experience in social networks (Facebook,Instagram and Twitter).
- Understanding of Copyrights for images and videos for social networks and web.
- Basic Photoshop or canvas-stylr photo editing system.
- Ability to edit small videos.
- Detail oriented, organized, and able to work with cross functional teams.
- TV Production, Communications or Journalism degree preferred.
- 2 years’ prior work experience in Spanish language TV or digital productions.
- Knowledge of editing systems and technology.
- Must be willing to work in Burbank, CA.
- Must be willing to work long hours, holidays, overnight and weekends on short notice.
- Must be willing to undergo a pre-employment background investigation.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the United States.
- Must possess a valid DMV license and a good driving record.
- Must be 18 years or older.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Estrella Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Digital Media: 1 year (Preferred)
- Journalism: 1 year (Preferred)