Arts and Crafts Director – Make it Mine Co – Covina, CA
Company: Make it Mine Co
Location: Covina, CA
Make it Mine Co
Make it Mine Co is a paper gift accessories company based out of Covina, California. We’re looking for a creative person who enjoys DIY arts and crafts and has experience with digital content production. This position will be responsible for the assembly, design and digital production (photography, videography, and editing) of our gift products. The ideal candidate will be highly organized, able to work under pressure with aggressive deadlines, and have an artistic visual eye.
- Create and design our LoveNote Explosion Boxes using your artistic vision.
- Consistently deliver branded creative assets that align with the strategic goals of the brand.
- Experience producing/shooting/directing/editing projects with post-production knowledge – particularly familiarity with Premiere Pro, and Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Take full ownership of content creation from start to finish. Oversee design changes and improvements throughout the development process.
- Create detailed production timelines, creative outlines, and video scripts prior to production.
- Partner closely with Social Media and Digital Marketing to develop projects, campaigns, and programs that align with Marketing activities. Present concept visualization of creative ideas to team.
- Create social media video walkthroughs to aid our customers in designing their own boxes.
- Responsible for developing and managing timelines and overseeing the production of photography, video, graphic design and visual merchandising.
- Organize and execute photo and video shoots (in-studio and on location).
- Work closely with in-house and/or freelancers, such as; graphic designers, photographers, videographers, re-touchers, editors, etc.
- Manage workflow and schedules for projects within the Creative Department.
- Track complex projects through all stages of creative development – from briefing to production and final delivery.
- Establish feasibility and timing of incoming requests in order to gain approvals and start/completion dates.
- Communicate project approvals, start/completion dates, progress reports, and expectations of delivery should completion date timing need to be amended.
- Act as project lead, and communicate information between cross-functional teams to ensure project requests have all necessary elements to kick off projects, such as copy, creative assets, and marketing objectives.
- Ensure milestones for assets are established, aligned on and met.
- Identify and establish new processes that encourage efficiency in project management and information workflow.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, & REQUIREMENTS:
- Required experience or passion for arts and crafts. Please mention your experience with arts and crafts in the follow-up questions.
- Ability to demonstrate the creation of the explosion boxes on video.
- Ability and willingness to be on camera.
- Proven ability in photography, videography, video and photo editing. Motion graphics and illustration is a plus.
- Solid knowledge in Adobe Creative Cloud (Adobe Premier Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and Lightroom.
- Proficiency in camera functionality, components and other nimble applicable camera equipment.
- Possess pre-production skills in concept development, storyboarding development, and design.
- Understanding of production across digital platforms, particularly social platforms, and a creative approach to shooting and editing.
- 3 – 5+ years of relevant experience in arts and crafts.
- Must have excellent organizational abilities, be comfortable working in a deadline-driven and time-sensitive work environment and be capable of managing multiple projects at once.
- Highly collaborative with strong communication verbal skills.
- Interest and willingness to refine processes in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Strong ethics and values which support the organization’s goals and foster the appropriate culture.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $30.00 /hour
- To be clear, we’re looking for an arts and crafts scrapbooker that has experience with photography and videography. Do you fit these criteria? If so, explain why.
- One location
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- High stress tolerance — thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Innovative — prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture