Animation TA – Los Angeles – New York Film Academy – Burbank, CA
Company: New York Film Academy
Location: Burbank, CA
New York Film Academy
New York Film Academy, Los Angeles, California
The New York Film Academy was founded in 1992 on the belief that a top-quality education in filmmaking should be accessible to anyone with the drive and ambition to make films. The school opened at Robert De Niro’s Tribeca Film Center in New York City, and has expanded worldwide to include campuses in New York; Los Angeles; Miami; and Gold Coast, Australia.
The mission of the New York Film Academy is to educate students interested in the field of visual storytelling. NYFA courses have been designed to increase students’ creativity and technical expertise through an intense regimen of hands-on and classroom instruction. The Academy’s goal is to enrich its students as visual storytellers by helping them realize their personal artistic visions. NYFA’s expectations center on the growth of each student as a creative individual. NYFA is accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission and the National Association of Schools of Art and Design.
The New York Film Academy is seeking Technical Assistants for several part-time positions. Technical Assistants facilitate and run technical aspects of student events and projects, assist in the classroom, and act as assistants to instructors on an as-needed basis. These duties vary based on the event being worked or the project being completed. Time management, flexibility, meticulous organizational skills, and the ability to work independently as self-starter are all crucial for success in this position. The ideal candidate must thrive in a fast-paced, demanding and creative atmosphere that is focused on providing services to our diverse students from around the world.
- Assist students during their labs
- Assist instructors during hands-on classes
- Prepare student film projects
- Coordinate between departments (scheduling, equipment, etc.)
- Clean and maintain workspace/classroom
- Various duties as assigned by Department Chair
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Game Design/Animation production experience preferred
- Ability to stay current in the field and to obtain new skills using new technologies
- Experience working with Game Design/Animation tools and softwares
- Ability to troubleshoot errors
- Additional Game Design/Animation program knowledge a plus
New York Film Academy (“NYFA”) is an equal opportunity employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, creed, color, sex, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.