ABC7 Entertainment News Internship (KABC-TV) – Fall 2019 – Walt Disney Television – Glendale, CA
Company: Walt Disney Television
Location: Glendale, CA
Walt Disney Television
KABC-TV is an ABC owned television station (OTVS), located in a state-of-the-art facility in Glendale, near downtown Los Angeles. The station is in the #2 ranked television market in the country. Weekly, ABC7 produces over forty-four hours of local news, public affairs, magazine programs and public service campaigns. You will have opportunity to observe and participate in the daily work and operations of a major market television station.
A day in the life…
You will have opportunity to observe and participate in the daily work and operations of a major market television station. As the Entertainment News intern, you may:
- Research news topics (including online/social media news research) and pitch story and question ideas.
- Assist with social media postings.
- View and log tapes.
- Transcribe interviews.
- Observe editors, writers, producers, directors, and technical crews.
- Travel with reporters and field crews for stories and live remotes.
Basic Qualifications :
What you bring to the role…
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Experience with MS Office Suite including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
- Major or previous coursework in Broadcast Journalism, Communications or related major.
- Previous external internship at a broadcast news station.
- Prior entertainment news internship.
- Prior experience writing within entertainment journalism.
- Strong knowledge of pop culture history (film, television, music, art, etc.) and current events.
- Junior or Senior-level standing, or a recent graduate within 6 months of graduation date.
- Courses taken in producing/writing/editing (Preditor).
- Thorough knowledge/experience using social media.
- Previous experience (academic or internship) in journalism (print and/or broadcast); television, news and new media production; and/or television news script writing.
- Knowledge of news software such as ENPS.
Additional Information :
- All candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
- All candidates must be at least 18 years old.
- All candidates must currently be enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class – OR – be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months – OR – be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program in order to qualify for this internship.
- All candidates must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session.
- All candidates must be available from September – December
- All candidates must be available to work 24 hours/week.
- Shifts available are Monday through Friday (some evenings as well); hours determined by supervisor.
- All candidates must be able to work in the Glendale office and provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship.