Website Editor – TeachFirst – London
The role • You won’t write for search engines, but you’ll
understand how to make well-written pages place
The rundown: The Content & Creative team is highly in search results.
responsible for all the charity’s marketing and commu-
nications content. We’ve had a big year, having • You’ll work with designers, videographers and our
delivered a rebrand (highly rated by the creative trade social and paid media specialists to create and
distribute web content.
press ). We rebuilt our website from the ground
up and have a new content strategy for it. We’re now
- You’ll be our resident web analytics expert, delivering
looking for someone to build on this and deliver content
regular data on how the site is performing.
that delights our website visitors, meets our marketing
goals and achieves the very highest standards of
- You’ll deliver web content to marketing briefs as you
creativity and quality.
are producing a calendar of storytelling content.
The detail: day-to-day work
• You’ll participate in our team creative processes and
- You’ll commission, write and design web pages and workflows and contribute ideas of your own.
other web content.
• You’ll build, implement and manage our web content • You’ll work with our Technology department on
strategy, turning it into a fully-fledged editorial maintaining and improving the website over time.
calendar. This includes management of our blog.
You’ll take ownership of:
• You’ll keep the structure, taxonomy and content on • Ensuring an excellent experience for our 60,000
the site tidy and well-organised.
monthly site visitors.
• You’ll work with colleagues to ensure all content is in • All our web content and our web content strategy—
our brand style and web design conventions, from the planning stage through to editing and
providing training and guidelines when necessary.
uploading or approving uploads.
• You’ll edit content submitted by others, keep tabs on • The integrity of our website taxonomy and other
user roles in the content management system and structural conventions.
escalate sensitive issues or risks to management.
About you The nice to haves:
The essentials: • You have journalistic or other editorial media experi-
- You’re an impeccable copywriter and talented
storyteller, with the ability to cut through complexity to • You’ve produced content for the education sector.
produce attractive, crystal-clear content.
- You’ve worked on web-based content marketing.
- You’ve managed a website or a section of a website
for a publication or brand, with responsibility both for
planning front-end content and for daily upkeep of the • You’ve worked with Drupal-based websites.
content management system.
- You have experience working with web developers
- You have experience managing content contributors and other technical staff.
and feeding back on their work, especially for blogs
and other specialist editorial content. • You can handle basic graphic design, photo and video
editing tasks using Adobe Creative Cloud.
- You can develop and maintain web content standards
and guidelines, including for interface copy, page The main responsibilities of this role are described here.
layouts, image resolutions etc. As our needs as a charity change, we may need to make
reasonable changes from time to time.
- You’ll be able to work with senior colleagues, and
We succeed when we work together. Here’s who
internal and external experts, to deliver strong content
you’ll be working with regularly:
while sensitively balancing conflicting demands.
Social Media Content Producer
- You have a comprehensive understanding of web
Video and Digital Producer
content and its distribution channels (eg search, email
and social media).
More info on how the role fits in with the rest of the
• You have high standards for content and instinctively team and charity:
understand what makes for good copy, graphic
design, photography, video or any other media You’ll report to our Content and Channel Manager.
relevant to the web.
- You have an intermediate
understanding of web design,
user experience design, search
engine optimisation and web
content analytics and testing.
- You have a basic grasp of HTML
- You’re driven to make things you
can be proud of.
More about working for us
There’s lots of great stuff about working here. For full details pop over to our webpages.
Our culture: We live by our principles. They underpin our culture and identity. And inform everything we do.
Find our more about our cultural principles
Diversity and inclusion: Together we’re creating a culture where everyone, from any background, can do
their best work. We want you to be able to bring your whole self to work. Find out more about what we’re
doing to improve our diversity and inclusion.
Our benefits: Our mission is critical and the work’s important, but so’s your life. We’ve put together a benefits
package that means you can live and work well. Find out more on our Working at Teach First webpages.
This role is suitable for agile and flexible working
Our agile way of working gives you flexibility. Need to start late, finish early or fancy a change of scenery?
That’s fine, our Agile Working policy focuses on what you achieve, not presenteeism.
If you need a set and regular working pattern to support your life have a chat with us about flexible working
options. Over 100 of us already have a flexible working agreement, with more than 70 different working
patterns in place. We’re ready to hear your request. Find out more via our flexible working policy .
Registered charity no 1098294 3
Apply to Website Editor – TeachFirst – London