Video Project Manager – Live Events – Alecto Recruitment Ltd – Hertfordshire
Company: Alecto Recruitment Ltd
Alecto Recruitment Ltd
£50,000 – £60,000 a year
Video Project Manager – Live Events
Alecto Recruitment are currently representing a well established and reputable Audio Visual company based in Hertfordshire, now seeking a Senior Video Project Manager to join their team.
My client are a full service technical production company, delivering hundreds of events each year including conferences, product launches, awards ceremonies, AGMs, exhibitions and road shows.
Providing sound, video, lighting, scenic, digital content and full project management, they have been helping transform events into extraordinary experiences for over 25 years, building an industry reputation for quality kit, technical knowledge and service delivery.
The role of Senior Video Project Manager is to supply account handlers and other project managers’ specialist technical advice and assistance with quotations for projects.
You will be expected to work on video specific projects independently, providing a full service to clients, and when on site you will be responsible for the video team to include both company staff and freelance staff. The role will also require independent account handling.
Key Duties & Responsibilities;
- In depth knowledge of Video Systems used within the Live Events Industry.
- Liaise with account handlers and clients to provide support & advice with video requirements
- Strong understanding of video signal flow and pixel spaces
- Build strong and sustainable customer relationships with new and existing customers
- Creating and amending video specifications within R2 Rental System to ensure the efficient use of company inventory, whilst liaising with account handlers & customers to ensure suitability of quotation
- Produce detailed schematics per job for both power and signal flows
- Produce H&S documents for events
- Maintain customer contact throughout project duration, ensuring that the project reaches a satisfactory conclusion
- Communicating with Project Coordinators to ensure smooth execution of event
- Report back at the end of each project any shortfalls in working practices and possible improvements
- Assist in the technical preparation of equipment, as directed by the Head of Sound, to ensure that it meets both the company and the client’s standards, including liaising with warehouse staff, account handlers & other project managers
- Act as a senior representative and manage of the video department when onsite
- Procuring third party services where required
- To attend technical forums as required to represent sound, discuss equipment requirements & determine service improvements
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety, corporate, client and legislative standards across the function.
To be considered for this role, it is essential you have a minimum 2 years experience in a Project Management role within the exhibition and live events industry, with a very strong understanding of video technology.
A successful applicant will be expected to hold a firm knowledge of video signals and processing, projection including multi-projector widescreen applications, LED video wall systems, pixels spaces, camera systems including PPU’s, large format video switchers and media servers.
This is not an exhaustive list but outlines key areas of required knowledge. In addition the candidate will have strong knowledge of ‘Live’ events and demonstrated experience leading a team onsite.
Degree level qualifications or PRINCE 2 are desirable but not essential.
- £50,000 – £60,000 per annum
- Office based role – Herts
- 40 hour week, Monday to Friday.
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays.
If you believe you can fulfil this position then do not hesitate to apply today.
To apply for this role and find out more details, please forward your CV to Jason Fogaty, Alecto Recruitment. [email protected] or call 02392 539773 in strict confidence.
Alecto Recruitment Limited is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
If your experience matches please forward your CV immediately. We thank all applicants who respond, but only those short listed will be contacted.