Video Editor / Junior Motion Designer – what3words – London
We are seeking a mid-weight Video Editor with great After Effects knowledge to work with our experienced, full service video department.
what3words has a different creative model. You’ll work collaboratively in a motivated marketing and design studio, reporting directly to the Creative Director. You’ll need to be proactive, entrepreneurial and enjoy the rapid pace of a tech company that’s trying to create a global standard.
We create a large variety of projects, from use case films to advertising campaigns, for many countries, and we’d like to get better at it.
- Storytelling edits for what3words and our clients to be used as campaign content, sales enablement and on social channels. These videos have various lengths and purposes, and are created from footage supplied by a variety of production companies, in-house production, partner companies and stock libraries
- Great motion design: titles, graphics, using templated assets, screen recordings of apps and sites
- Basic colour grading: matching shots from different sources and improving the look of poorly lit images
- Great audio skills: Music selection and VO editing, audio effects, and audio mixing
- Manage media server and workflow: including uploading and logging footage in various formats, from around the world. Supplying versions of edits for different platforms and purposes. Knowledge of file formats and best practice for Vimeo, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube uploads
- Working with the Creative Director, Traffic Manager and Studio team to deliver high quality video assets for what3words channels, PR, product and presentations.
- You’ll be a great story teller, with the ability to create emotive content.
- Ability to create exciting edits and make great music choices.
- A designer’s eye for framing images and graphics.
- Must have a calm approach – with the ability to think on your feet, add ideas and work quickly under pressure
- Good knowledge of best practice for video workflow.
- Good knowledge of technical set up for an efficient video suite
- Knowing how to use a DSLR and video camera and 360 camera is a bonus.
- Adobe Creative Cloud: Excellent knowledge After Effects, Premiere Pro, Audition, Media Encoder
- Working knowledge of Photoshop & Illustrator
- A strong showreel showing technical and storytelling abilities
- Post-production experience, either solo, or as an assistant to an editor, or at a post-production house.
- Any secondary languages are a bonus.
The what3words team is a mix of experienced entrepreneurs, people who have worked at the highest levels in large global organisations, academics, and bright graduates – it’s a good balance, and it’s important for us that we get the right person who is happy working alongside people from these backgrounds. We have a relaxed and focused office in West London, with regular team socials, and we expect to add more benefits as we grow. We have a culture that encourages curiosity and imagination in how we achieve our goals, and an absolute focus on building a global business.