We are looking for a Video Editor to help us produce educational videos for our online courses. This role will be part of the Production team, working alongside Media Specialists, Graphic Designers and Subject Matter Experts.
The role has responsibility for both production and post-production of our media projects.
- Quickly get up to speed by working with the team to fully understand the project requirements.
- Ensure all stakeholders are briefed on their expectations during production, including Subject Matter Experts and Content Specialists to ensure logical sequencing and smooth running.
- Be extremely organised and maintain media assets so they can be reused across courses.
- Ensure the reliability, consistency and quality of the content produced.
- Overall responsibility for all outputs from the production process.
- Consult with stakeholders from production to post-production process.
- Review scripts and raw material to ensure consistency across all videos.
- Create rough and final cuts, adding dialogues, graphics and effects as required.
- Application of a consistent process – our projects contain 100s of videos each and are worked on by multiple Video Editors. Our processes allow us to create a large number of high-quality videos quickly.
- Work directly with Subject Matter Experts to update videos once they have been reviewed.
- Keep track project timelines and milestones.
- Adapt list of work to prioritise certain deliverables as required.
- Export of high res videos for upload to our video hosting service.
- Manage and organise collections of videos on our video hosting service.
What we are looking for
- Strong educational background (degree level).
- Demonstrable interest and enthusiasm for the use of media technology in education.
- Experience in media pre/post and production.
- Demonstrable video editing ability with a strong portfolio, including a solid experience with Adobe Creative Cloud (e.g. Premiere, After Effects).
- Experience of working with Subject Matter Experts.
- Ability to manage the successful delivery of fast paced media projects to the required standard and deadlines.
- High attention to detail.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- The ability to interpret feedback from Subject Matter Experts correctly, quickly and independently.
- For this role you will need to provide your own computer that is capable of working with 4K footage and motion graphics.
- This is not an office-based role. You will require an internet connection of at least 45mbps download and 5mbps upload (just below the UK average)
- External HDDs will be provided.
- Software licences will be provided.
Job Type: Two month contract with possibility of extension
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: £25,000.00 to £30,000.00 /year
- Company Pension
- Flexible Schedule
- Work From Home
- Video Editing: 2 years (Preferred)