As our London office ramps up to become bigger than Game of Thrones, we’re looking for an Online & Offline Editor to cut amazing pieces of work for TV and digital. If you can see whether a shot should be extended by just one frame with the naked eye, you might be the Editor that was Promised — or the Three-Eyed Raven. Join us for the War for the Dawn by applying for this gig.
About the Role
- Working alongside our post production departments in Amsterdam, you’ll edit and enhance high-end work for a global P&G brand.
- You’ll cut your way through terabytes of footage in pursuit of the perfect edit for TVCs, interactive films, VR experiences, 360 projects, and social campaigns.
- You’ll translate raw film into spot-on edits, actualizing the creative vision for the project, making it look even better than our clients and creative teams could have ever imagined.
- We’ll also look for your help in producing case videos for our projects, which includes making digital captures that truly capture the essence of of each project.
- Your work will span from the real to the hyperreal; from the attractive to the interactive.
Join MediaMonks as an Editor
MediaMonks is one of those (50) companies creative people would kill to work for. You’ll be part of a crazy-ambitious company on a global mission to become the best production partner in any field and market. In addition to an unlimited supply of A+ colleagues, A-list clients, and A-OK coffee, we’ll have a splendid new office for when you start, fabulous parties and winter sports trips for when you feel like dancing, and a next-gen pension scheme for when you’re old.
Please be attentive to the requirements for this role and accompany your portfolio with a custom cover letter detailing why you’re the right Monk for the job.
- You have 3+ years of experience editing high-quality work for high-flying brands.
- You have premier Adobe Premiere skills and can work with After Effects at a high level too.
- You can do the heavy lifting of the offline edit, as well as the nitty-gritty of getting the online perfect.
- You can create spot-on edits for TVCs and other types of linear work, and ideally also have some experience editing nonlinear work for interactive films and (VR) experiences.
- In a perfect world, you’d also know your way around editing 360 footage.
- In addition to editing, you’ll also know about colour grading workflows and sound design to enhance edits for client reviews; working alongside our in-house colourist.
- You carry a solid understanding of the entire production process, evidenced by edits that seamlessly fit into our post-production pipeline.
- Working with tight deadlines fits you like skinny jeans: you never fail on delivering.
- You can impress under pressure, taking responsibility for your own workload, time management, note-making and feedback-processing, and any other actions required to make the work great.
- You are well-organized when it comes to layers and folders; final_version_v7_def2.mov is your nemesis.