The Senior Lecturer, Production Tutor on BA Film Practice is responsible for teaching, assessment, course development, and on-going scholarship within the Film and Television programme at the Screen School, London College of Communication.
The post-holder will work collaboratively within the course team, deploying specialist expertise to develop pedagogy and the curriculum in innovative and critical directions.
The post-holder will be expected to undertake:
- Production management of the course films including strategic planning, working alongside current production staff
- Support in the management of the delivery interface between the shoot resource/facilities requirements, the technical team and timetabling
- Pedagogic and curriculum development working with, and supporting the teaching and academic teams with requirements for their courses within the Film and TV programme that stimulate thought and practice, with the aim of promoting diversity and inclusivity
- Responsibility for the preparation and delivery of practical content on the degree with particular regard to Risk Assessment, contracts, IP, production accounting
- Liaison with buildings staff and workshops staff where necessary in relation to set building materials
- Support in the management of screenings and events at LCC and relevant external venues
- Undergraduate degree in Film/Television or associated subject
- Practical experience of film production/production management
- Higher degree (e.g. MA) in Film/Television or associated subject
- PhD or Higher level research degree
- Teaching qualification (PG Cert or equivalent)
- Senior Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy
- Experience of teaching & assessment in a higher education environment (permanent, fractional, or hourly paid contract)
- Applies an inquiring, innovative and reflexive approach to teaching
- Considers and promotes equality, diversity and inclusivity in all aspects of teaching and assessment
- Shows commitment to understanding the range of students’ experiences within a course
- Collaborates and works effectively within a team and across different professional groups
- Works effectively and respectfully with a wide range of people
- Fosters inclusive and constructive team work and problem solving
- Evidence of research, knowledge exchange and/ or professional practice that contributes to the advancement of Film and Television Production activity and is relevant to the goals of the Programme, College and University
- Evidence of using contacts within subject peer group to develop partnerships or collaboration
For further details and to apply please click the “Visit website” button.
Before completing an application form, candidates should please download the candidate information pack and the job description/person specification for the role and read the full list of requirements and selection criteria before applying as this will be the criteria on which your application will be assessed.
Posting date – Wednesday 14 August 2019.
Closing date – Sunday 01 September 2019.
At UAL, everyone’s identity matters. We are committed to creating a supportive and inclusive environment for all our diverse students, staff, and the creative and cultural sector partners with whom we engage. We aim to take every opportunity to progress equality and diversity, and celebrate the enrichment this brings to our community.
Candidates are advised to submit applications early.