Training Assistant, Short Courses – National Film and Television School – Beaconsfield
Company: National Film and Television School
National Film and Television School
12 month fixed term contract
For nearly half a century, the National Film and Television School (NFTS) has developed some of Britain and the world’s top creative talent. It is widely acknowledged to be the top school of its kind in the UK and one of the best internationally. In 2018, the NFTS was awarded both the BAFTA for Outstanding British Contribution to Cinema and the Queen’s Anniversary Prize for Higher and Further Education.
We are recruiting for a Training Assistant to support the Short Courses department on a 12- month fixed term contract in facilitating the smooth and efficient running of their courses. Duties include booking rooms and equipment, supporting and accompanying tutors on location and supporting participants with practical exercises.
The successful candidate will have a keen interest in film and television and will have the opportunity to experience a range of courses offered by the NFTS. You will be highly organised, with the ability to prioritise and multi-task effectively.
This role involves some evening and weekend working.
For further information about this role and details of how to apply, please visit our website and navigate to the ‘Jobs’ page.
Closing date for applications is 8th March 2020.
At the NFTS, people are at the heart of what we do. We’re an inclusive employer and are committed to equality of opportunity, and building a culturally diverse workforce. We strongly encourage applications from all backgrounds.
REPORTING TO: Head of Short Courses.
Purpose of role
To act as a Training Assistant, facilitating the smooth and efficient running of the Short Courses department working alongside the Head of Short Courses and Short Courses Co-ordinator.
Core duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Booking seminar rooms and appropriate venues on and offsite for various short courses.
2. Booking equipment, props, scenery, stock, lockers, design materials and transport. Ensuring that seminar rooms are ready for use.
3. Collecting, setting up, packing away & returning equipment required for all training courses.
4. Meet and greet all students and tutors.
5. Accompanying tutors on location for both Short Courses & Diplomas and supporting them with their requirements.
6. Support participants wherever required in all of their practical exercises, booking and running the full cast & crew and ‘floor managing’ shoots.
7. Attend in-house training in order to aid with various aspects of this role e.g. learning editing software to assist with downloading footage, introductory handheld camera training and any other necessary courses.
8. Providing support for open days and other external events that do not fall under the remit of the Events team.
9. Organising meetings of the Advisory Panels, and Student Evaluations. This includes invitations, compiling curriculum information, setting up the venue and organising all hospitality.
10. Keeping all students fully informed and updated. Dealing with student enquiries.
11. General administrative duties.
12. Undertaking any other duties as may be reasonably required in the position.
· Educated to A-Level (or equivalent)
· Highly organised with exceptional attention to detail and able to multi-task and prioritise effectively
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· An excellent command of English (spelling and grammar)
· Computer literate, with general knowledge in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
· Excellent time management skills
· Ability to work under pressure
· A passion for film, TV and/ or games;
· Enthusiastic, proactive and hard-working with a ‘can-do attitude;
· Bright and self-motivated;
· Polite, confident and personable;
· The ability to work well as part of a team;
· The ability to use your own initiative whilst also sharing information with your manager and the rest of the team;
· Able to work evenings and weekends at events, where necessary;
· Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills with students and other stakeholders.
Reference ID: TRAINAST20
Job Types: Full-time, Contract