Technical Manager – Pinewood MBS Lighting – Iver Heath
Company: Pinewood MBS Lighting
Location: Iver Heath
Pinewood MBS Lighting
Reports to: Technical Director
About Pinewood MBS Lighting
Pinewood MBS Lighting is a world leading provider of lighting equipment and associated facilities to the film and television production industry, including the exclusive supply of service and support at Pinewood’s UK studios. Our service combines decades of experience with an unrivalled collection of cutting edge production solutions that embrace both the conventional and the very latest in advanced lighting technology. Through ongoing investment in people and products we have created one of the industry’s premier lighting rental resources, perfectly placed to service any production type anywhere in the world.
The Technical Manager will report into the Technical Director and will work closely with the UK operations and management.
The main areas of responsibility include general warehouse technical prep, overseeing the repairs department, minimising sub-hire, capex requests for equipment, PAT and rental system maintenance, and liaising with technical support.
· Day-to-day technical management of all rental equipment.
· Overseeing the quality of all rental equipment.
· Training of equipment technicians within prep departments and provide ongoing training documentation.
· Ensuring certification is in place for all rental equipment.
· Communicating technical requirements with other departments.
· Ensure the commercial vehicle fleet including generators are supplied to specification.
· Ensure that all equipment meets all Road Transport, Health & Safety, Environmental and Construction and Use legislation.
· Maintain positive industry relationships.
· Liaising with suppliers and manufacturers to ensure all equipment is the latest specification and up to date software.
· May be required to work at other sites as needed.
· Allocation of work to the repairs department.
· Overseeing the planned maintenance of equipment.
· Ensure that repair and maintenance costs are in line with budget expectations and ensure that the business is getting cost effective value for money.
· Liaise with Pinewood IT and Sohonet to resolve network and connectivity issues.
· Ensure all options to complete equipment shortages are completed from stock before sub hiring.
· Work with equipment coordinators to ensure equipment is ready to rent.
· Planning future capacity requirements.
· Requesting new equipment through inhouse Capex process.
· Keeping stock control systems up to date with technical data.
· Manage upkeep of in-house PAT system including writing and updating equipment tests.
· Responding to and dealing with customer communication by email and telephone
· University Degree preferred.
· Relevant work experience within film, TV or commercial industry preferred with a good, all round technical knowledge of equipment used within this industry.
· High knowledge of electrical standards and laws.
· Ability to manage costs within budgetary constraints.
· Management and delivery of projects to tight deadlines.
· Good analytical skills and a systematic approach to problem solving.
· Ability to meet strict deadlines and work with others in a positive environment.
· A positive, flexible attitude with the ability to work under pressure to meet the demands of a busy and often unpredictable industry.
· Strong phone skills and customer service, understanding of Microsoft Word and Excel.
Reference ID: 0189
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent