My client is a highly respected business surrounding media data, planning tools, market insight, news and conferences. Their client base covers the media and advertising industry from media owners and media agencies to TV tech companies and creative agencies.
You will be part of a small IT team, working closely with others across the company, but especially with their development and data management teams. The IT team has responsibility for server and network administration (supporting internal services and our extensive client-facing web products) and desktop support for the company’s 50+ staff.
You will be responsible for the support, maintenance, and development of the server environments for client-facing products (mostly residing in AWS) and the internal IT infrastructure.
- Responding to automatic alerts from client-facing and internal systems (troubleshoot, problem solve and fix)
- 2nd/3rd line support: Responding to support tickets raised by staff (on behalf of clients and for internal development/support purposes)
- Delivering strategic IT projects
- Supporting their desktop-support engineer
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work and learn independently, as well as part of team
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills (including strong documentation skills
- Effective when working under pressure
7+ years experience as a system administrator, covering:
- Demonstrable of incident and problem management
- Cloud hosting solutions (including managing a hybrid AWS/on-premise hosting environment)
- Supporting live B2B IT systems – problem-solving / troubleshooting / fixing
- Security patterns and techniques (including patching and vulnerability management)
- Windows Server (including Active Directory) – deployment and sysadmin
- Linux Server – deployment and sysadmin
- Unix shell (bash) and/or PowerShell experience
- AWS administration and build, including load-balancing
- Webserver: Apache 2 and/or Nginx/php-fpm
- Databases: MySQL/MSSQL/PostgreSQL administration
- LAN and WAN networking: deployment, maintenance, configuration, administration
- DNS and Linux firewall administration and applying high-availability techniques
- Assessing different IaaS and PaaS solutions to make suitable technology choices
- Disaster Recovery and backup solutions
- IP telephony
- OpenVPN / L2TP VPN
- Anti-virus solutions
- Office 365 administration
The company is an established and forward thinking company that believes in a welcoming, fun, relaxed working environment. Holding an emphasis on teamwork, development, respect and great customer service.
Reference code: JR111