In this role you will:
- Drive creative localization strategy for Netflix internationally-produced original content
- Analyze content to identify and solve localization challenges
- Prepare in-depth dubbing guideline documentation for our localization partners
- Build and leverage strong relationships with dub studios, dubbing directors, and talent around the world
- Be the primary point of contact for creative localization of a title, driving strong relationships and collaboration with cross-functional partners in content acquisitions, post-production, product creative, business affairs, legal counsel, content planning & analysis, quality control, and regional marketing teams.
- Potentially working with content creators to balance needs of dubbing audience with nuances of creative vision.
- Provide dubbing studios with casting notes and approve voice talent choices
- Oversee dub recordings as needed—either remotely or in-person—in coordination with the regional dubbing production supervisors to establish and ensure creative expectations.
- Communicate music & effects needs with mixers. Supervise mixing sessions for high profile titles as needed
- Accommodate and/or provide risk assessment for any special upstream localization requests
- Provide innovative thinking around scalable solutions and creative/operational workflows for dub asset creation and management, constantly questioning existing systems and looking for a better way
- Effectively communicate project updates cross-functionally
- Make sound independent decisions, and know when to escalate issues
- Be a leading voice of dubbing production within the industry
- Advocate, understand, communicate, and exemplify the company’s values
Do you have what it takes?
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluency in a foreign language is a plus
- BA/BS preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years prior experience in managing localization and/or creative workflows within the entertainment industry; background in dubbing creation and a passion for languages and translation quality
- Deep understanding of differences, subtitles, and nuances between subtitle and dub translation
- Working knowledge around territorial differences and best practices for dub audio creation
- Highly analytical and able to get to the root cause of a problem; able to creatively figure out a solution or propose changes to existing workflows as required
- Adaptability and resilience to quick changes in priorities, technology, tools, and workflows
- Attention to detail; organization, problem-solving, analytical and multitasking skills
- Creativity and the passion to challenge current industry standards
- Passion for documentaries and unscripted content
To apply for this job please visit jobs.netflix.com.
Supervisor, Creative Dubbing
Netflix job in London
You may also be interested in...
- Head of Research & Development Operations – London – Technicolor – London ⧁ A summary of what you will do: This is a critical requirement for MPC’s R&D ...
- Office Administrator, Digital Production Team – Time Warner – London ⧁ London 18-Apr-2019 Office Administrator, Digital Production Team Turner United Kingdom – London Digital/Interactive Media Requisition # 169332BR Business Unit_TBS 3520 Industry Advertising, Cable/Broadcast Television Networks, ...
- Production Assistant (Temporary) – Time Warner – Atlanta, GA ⧁ Temporary 15-Apr-2019 Production Assistant (Temporary) Turner United States – Georgia – Atlanta Digital/Interactive Media Requisition # 169255BR Business Unit_TBS CNEWS Industry Advertising, Cable/Broadcast Television Networks, ...
- VFX Production Assistant – Technicolor – London ⧁ Our Production team are responsible for managing the artists, schedules and client expectations of ...
- ATD – double negative visual effects – Vancouver, BC ⧁ Description As an Assistant Technical Director (ATD) you will perform a variety of tasks to ...