Studio Assistant – Warner Bros. Entertainment Group – London
Company: Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
Fantastic opportunity to join Warner Bros. De Lane Lea Soho as our new Studio Assistant.
Warner Bros. De Lane Lea provides world-class talent and facilities for dailies and post-production servicing feature films and high-end TV. Based in the heart of Soho, facilities include two 4K HDR Baselight X Grading Theatres, Flame Online suites, Digital Dailies facilities, Dark Fibre connectivity and a full Mastering and QC department.
The world-renowned Sound facilities include three networked Dubbing Theatres, in-house Sound Supervision and Editorial, ADR Facilities alongside a Café & fully licensed Bar and 46 Cutting Rooms. De Lane Lea also has additional facilities based at Warner Bros. Studios Leavesden including a 50 seat 4K Screening Room, 4K VFX Review Theatre and In-Facility and On-Location Digital Dailies.
The state-of-the-art facilities and award-winning talent allow De Lane Lea to deliver TV and feature films to extraordinary levels of detail and creativity combined with an exceptional level of service.
Primary Purpose of the Job
This role is responsible for the back room of any assigned studio and for liaison with front of house. The role is based at WB De Lane Lea, which specialises in sound post production for feature films and television. The state of the art facilities and talented staff allow De Lane Lea to shape soundtracks to extraordinary levels of detail and creativity.
- To be responsible for the day to day management of the backroom
- To take part in training all runners and back room staff when required
- To competently operate the equipment in the backroom and have knowledge of how it relates to the studio
- To ensure working areas are kept clean and tidy at all times
- To monitor technical quality control
- Produce any daily report sheets where required.
- Prepare a personal weekly time sheet.
- To be responsible for studio overtime sheets
- To liaise with operational, managerial and financial staff to ensure the seamless delivery of services
- To represent a first point of contact for clients and visitors in any dealings that may have with WBDLL
- To achieve the highest client and staff satisfaction when carrying out tasks
- To answer or redirect general queries
- To follow the Health and Safety policy
- To assist in other departments as and when necessary
- To carry out any other task requested by the Operations manager to enable the smooth running of WBDLL
- Support and assist Mix Technicians
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills with the ability to create an immediate rapport with a range of contacts
- Ability to understand client needs and priorities by questioning in a diplomatic manner
- Ability to prioritise
- Good organisational skills
- Good general knowledge of production and post production techniques, in particular sound, or have a background which would enable the post holder to develop such knowledge rapidly
- Excellent technical knowledge of different sound formats and machines
- Numerate with good basic level maths, able to remain accurate under stress
- Computer Literate, intermediate level using computer packages
WBSL are committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.