Sport Assignments and Photo Editor – Getty Images – London
Company: Getty Images
Sport Assignments and Photo Editor
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with photo editing and assignments experience to join our hugely successful sport team. The successful applicant must be willing to work unusual hours, weekends, and travel. Knowledge and passion in sport and photography is essential.
Who You Are:
With an ability to switch between roles you have an excellent photographic eye with a meticulous approach to detail. You are well organised and take pride in your work. You’re a team player who can work autonomously and take initiative when required. You are a trusted, confident and expert picture editor, while also being an effective and knowledgeable assignments editor. You’re able to prioritise your workload effectively whilst juggling multiple tasks and projects. You relish the opportunity to work alongside some of the industry’s leading photographers and would be responsible for editing and assigning live content for editorial events and client assignments, providing onsite support at sporting events, in the office, or at major international events.
Photo editing involves many aspects including producing and leading event coverage, directing photographers, distributing content on deadline globally, servicing customers and achieving results in a high pressure, deadline focused environment. Skills and experience editing high volumes of content quickly and keenly, with the ability to understand and execute client needs are required. As an assignments editor you will be responsible for organising aspects of daily sport assignments for a very busy department that regularly schedules 50+ photographers each day.
This position works reports to the Head of Commercial Assignments, Sport.
Your Next Challenge:
- Assign and coordinate the appropriate photographer to the coverage of commercial sport assignments in Europe.
- Work with established staff and freelance photographers. Know their strengths and assign appropriately.
- Provide onsite logistical support globally at sport and client assignments, including live editing as required.
- Champion new technology and content formats supported by the business including video and social media.
- Manage logistical arrangements deploying photographers to locations and events within Europe.
- Monitor competition and ensure we remain competitive.
- Keep up to date with the sporting calendar.
- Liaise with sales to highlight and push content.
- Edit live content for editorial events and client’s assignments in the field, office, or onsite
- Editing and enhancing images, applying metadata, production tasks, and uploading imagery direct to multiple clients and websites ·
- Trains and mentors’ freelance editors and stringer photographers in the Getty Images standards for both quality of image and captioning/sending.
- Provides feedback on the editing and workflow process and provides useful improvement suggestions to leadership.
- Develops relationships with internal and external clients by providing insightful and thorough customer service whether it is a client assignment or editorial assignment.
What You’ll Need:
- Strong organisational skills.
- Excellent communication and social skills with an aptitude for networking.
- Commercially savvy with knowledge of key editorial clients.
- Solid and relevant experience as an assignment editor or in a newsroom environment with experience in the photography world.
- Willing to work anti-social hours with some travel.
- A keen understanding and interest in media, journalism and the world of sport across traditional and social media.
- The ability to work in a fast paced, ever-changing and sometimes hectic environment.
- Ability to keep calm under pressure, with a can do, tenacious attitude.
- Sound knowledge of Salesforce, Photoshop, Photo Editing Software, Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Solid experience in photography and picture editing
- Excellent visual eye and photographic senses to confidently determine relevant imagery for client use.
- Comprehensive knowledge of and enthusiasm for Sport.
- Strong knowledge of digital photography and retouching using Photoshop with a strong understanding of colour theory (also enhancement of digital image files, colour-correction, contrast adjustment, sharpening, cropping), editing applications, FTP, and image formats.
- Advanced digital camera knowledge.
- Function well under pressure in a fast-paced deadline orientated atmosphere.
- The ability to work well with others, exhibit a customer service personal, manage deadlines and workloads, and resolve complex issues quickly with a solution focused attitude and ability to articulate a clear point of view.
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule: able to work days, nights or weekends, holidays and long hours when assignments are given; travel is a requirement.
- Strong computer skills including ability to set up small networks, understanding of wireless functions and a high level of comfort with both PC and MAC.
Who We Are:
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world, with over 200 million assets available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com . The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world’s best photographers and videographers. Getty Images works with over 200,000 contributors and hundreds of image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 130,000 news, sport and entertainment events, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world’s deepest digital archive of historic photography.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life. For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends. Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world’s best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, colour, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.