Sound Recordist, Editor and Technician – Arts Educational Schools London
Company: Arts Educational Schools London
Location: London W4
Arts Educational Schools London
>ArtsEd is seeking an experienced all-round Sound Recordist, Editor and Technician to join our Film / TV Department in the School of Acting.
The role will encompass all areas of sound recording and post-production as well as general technical support, and will involve working alongside other industry professionals, tutors and students.
You will possess a range of professional and technical skills including experience of using Pro Tools software, and have an understanding of the rigours of studio, location, video and audio engineering. The role will require some early starts and late finishes when on location during production periods; punctuality, flexibility and communication skills will be crucial. You will be required to travel with the crew in the mini bus.
Purpose of the Role
This is an important appointment within the Film and TV Department of the School of Acting. The person appointed must have a balance of professional skills in order to ensure that ArtsEd remains a leader in the world of professional Film & Television actor training.
The post holder must understand the rigours of studio, location, video and audio engineering as well as maintaining the quality of the studio spaces and equipment.
ArtsEd is looking for an experienced all-round sound technician to join our team. The role will encompass all areas of sound recording and post-production, as well as general technical support and will involve working alongside other industry professionals, acting tutors and students.
- Location sound recording on BA Acting 3rd Year showreel scenes and original screenplays.
- Audio post-production on the films including sound editing and design, ADR and Foley.
- Acting as a studio sound engineer for radio and voice-over training and recording sessions.
- Location support for 2nd Year filming projects.
- To assist in the delivery of practical equipment training for the students across BA Acting. This entails delivering a short test to students in the 3rd Year.
- Providing technical support for classroom activities. This will include setting up before the start of a class and securing equipment away at the end of the class. Ensuring the TV studio and Radio rooms are ready and in good order for tutors. Additionally, transporting and setting up equipment (Camera, TV’s etc.) to studio rooms when necessary.
- This role will involve some early starts and late finishes during production periods for which punctuality will be crucial.
- It may also involve travel to locations in a crew mini bus.
- The post holder must at all times carry out their responsibilities with due regard to the Arts Educational Schools London Equal Opportunities policies.
- The post holder must accept responsibility for ensuring that the policies and procedures relating to Health and Safety in the workplace are adhered to at all times.
- The post holder must respect the confidentiality of data stored electronically and by other means in line with the Data Protection Act.
- The post holder must carry out their responsibilities with due regard to the non-smoking environment of the school.
- The above list is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such duties as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post. All members of staff are required to be professional, co-operative and flexible in line with the needs of the post and the school.
- ArtsEd is committed to the welfare and safeguarding of all students and pupils and expects all staff to share this commitment.
- All staff are expected to be professional, co-operative and flexible in line with the needs of the post and the school.
- Good knowledge of Pro Tools software.
- Good knowledge of location and studio sound equipment such as microphones, radio mics, field recorders and mixing desks.
- Experience of working as part of a film crew on location and in a post-production environment.
- The ability to speak confidently to groups of students.
Additional desirable skills:
- Some knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud software.
- Ability to create handouts using office software.
- Basic knowledge of camera and lighting equipment in order to assist with on-set queries.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £26,500.00 /year
- Sound Technician : 2 years (Required)
- Studio, location, video and audio engineering: 1 year (Required)
- Using Pro Tools software: 1 year (Required)