Shoot Editor – Volant Media UK Limited – London
Company: Volant Media UK Limited
Volant Media UK Limited
Iran International Television is a Farsi-language news channel which is targeted at people living in Iran and those in the Farsi speaking diaspora. It is a news and factual channel with news bulletins, talk shows, documentaries, features and magazine content across broadcase, digital and social media.
You would be employed by Volant Media UK Ltd.
To provide high-quality and creative filming from the field, edit video and feed the material back to base. Working closely with a Correspondent or Producer, although occasionally alone, you will be responsible for shaping the editorial vision of Iran International through engaging video content.
- Shooting video of the highest quality for either live transmission or recording. This will include responsibility for camerawork, sound work and lighting both in the field and on base.
- Contributing original ideas to improve the visual and journalistic content of the story and being aware of different styles and formats.
- Selecting, preparing and editing multimedia material for broadcast and meeting strict transmission deadlines.
- Field producing including research, writing and production as required.
- Setting up and coordinating on-site facilities.
- Undertaking interviews and other journalistic duties on location.
- Responsible for getting to locations with appropriate equipment. Driving is a significant and regular part of this role.
- Liaising effectively and establishing good relationships with contacts both outside and within Volant Media.
- Maintaining professional standards of accuracy and impartiality and fair dealing in line with Volant Media and Ofcom guidelines.
- Operating within Volant Media’s Safety and Editorial Guidelines.
- To travel and work in areas which are potentially hostile.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
As a candidate for this role, you would need to have the following:
- Fluent in English and Farsi, both in written and spoken form
- Candidates will have relevant experience in a News broadcasting environment, practicing a range of location craft skills (e.g. camerawork / lighting / editing / location facilities).
- Proven knowledge of issues and stories relevant to Iranian audiences.
- Experience of filming, editing and packaging content for TV, radio and digital platforms.
- Good organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workload, react positively to situations at short notice and plan ahead.
- Excellent digital and technical skills.
- Ability to build relationships and work collaboratively with colleagues across Volant Media and with other organisations.
- Exercise diplomacy with people where necessary.
- A wide and up-to-date knowledge of Iranian and international affairs.
- In-depth understanding of Iran’s history, politics, social issues and culture as well as the changing needs of the audience.
Salary: £30k – £45k commensurate with experience and skills
Advertisement Opening Date: 22nd June 2020
Advertisement Closing Date: 20th July 2020