Senior Pipeline TD – Film – Framestore – London WC2A
Location: London WC2A
Our Pipeline department engineers technology which facilitates efficient artist workflows and cross-departmental data flow for large scale VFX projects. They collaborate closely with each production department to ensure they have the efficiencies that keep them focused on working their magic.
We are seeking to recruit a Senior Pipeline Technical Director to join the team, initially focussing on supporting and improving a wide range of pipeline workflows, with an aim to leading and developing some of the larger development projects.
- Further engineering and developing the pipeline across Framestore film projects
- Working in collaboration with 2D and CG Supervisors and department leads to determine the best solutions
- Support and maintenance of tools including troubleshooting and optimisation
- Thorough documentation of all development and updating as necessary
- Ongoing research to recommend improvements to workflows in order to improve productivity or communication
- Leading other members of the team in the above responsibilities
- The ability to engineer and develop for a large software project
- Excellent Python, Nuke and Maya scripting, and Linux skills
- Experience developing for a 3D application such as Maya or Houdini
- Experience developing for a 2D application such as Nuke
- Problem solving abilities
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Detail orientated with a strong ability to multi-task
- A good understanding of the entire visual effects process, from shooting through to compositing
- An excellent understanding of networking and performance issues that arise with automated tools
- Experience in advising other members of a team
- Visual effects production experience
- A degree in Computer Science
- Windows development experience
- Experience developing in C++
- Experience working with game engines.
Framestore is proud to employ extraordinary talent across all genders, races, nationalities, religions, ages, abilities and sexual preferences. We aim to encourage and support all of our current and future employees to achieve their potential. No job applicant will receive less favourable treatment on any basis when applying for a career with us.