Technical Operations Mastering Operator
Technicolor Creative Services seeks a Technical Operations Mastering Operator to work in our Lexington St. offices.
This very busy role involves the creation and QC of all deliverable formats for both features and episodic.
- In general, keep Mastering Operations operating at a high level of reliability and efficiency to ensure client deadlines are met.
- Reviewing the forthcoming Production schedule; ensuring the correct information is included in the assigned work orders, addressing any queries with the Client Services team.
- Creating mastering projects for Theatrical and Broadcast deliverables including, but not limited to, Digital Cinema Packages (DCP), Interoperable Master Packages (IMP), ProRes master files and downstream deliverables.
- Creating and formatting drives to output material, and ingesting data from physical assets.
- Providing editorial assistance to DI and Broadcast team.
- Key asset management.
- Performing technical QC passes of audio and video for HDR & SDR 4K, UHD, 2K, HD and SD material in accordance with client specifications.
- Driving high profile client attended reviews.
- Providing front line technical support for Mastering Operations.
The ideal candidate will be able to work as a collaborative team member, communicate effectively, and be resilient and tenacious in their approach to work. They will also have:
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a Post Production / Mastering environment.
- Extensive experience using Rohde & Schwarz Clipster and Colorfront Transkoder.
- Deep knowledge of video technologies such as 4K, HDR, Dolby Vision, ATMOS.
- Understanding of colour science theory and practice.
- Understanding of advanced IMF workflows.
- Basic knowledge of Baselight would be advantageous.
- Experience working closely with Grade/ Editorial teams.
- Thorough understanding of video industry metadata standards.
- Strong IT skills including Mac OS and Linux.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Able to work flexibly including shifts, unsocial hours, nights and additional hours as required.
Shift pattern is 1pm to 10pm, Monday to Friday.
At Technicolor, it’s the detail that matters. We provide creative content solutions to capture, colour, enhance, master and deliver. Our picture and sound artists and operators capture and reflect the essence of the story being told on camera. This coupled with a great team of producers and engineers ensures the purity of content throughout the digital pipeline. Our mission is simple – creative content solutions delivered securely and efficiently to any screen