The #1 Job Site Created By and For People Working In Film & TV Production
New Jobs Posted Hourly 24 Hours a Day
Monday, September 28th, 2020
Welocalize enables brands to reach and grow global audiences through services and solutions for translation, localization, adaptation, interpretation, and automation. We offer multilingual solutions to transform all content types for local audiences, at every step of our clients’ global business journey. We have 1,500 global team members across offices in North America, Europe and Asia dedicated to helping some of the world’s largest brands operate and succeed internationally.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
The Senior Multimedia Localization Engineer is responsible for technical production of localization and translation projects including multimedia assets: Audio, Video, Screen text, Animations and Graphics. The engineer supports multiple accounts at one time. Multimedia Engineers regularly perform the following duties:
– Scope, analyze and quote complicated animations, subtitles, and Voice Over recordings
– Coordinate multiple tasks across video editing teams and recording studios
– Communicate effectively with Project Management teams keeping them updated on the progress of multimedia tasks
– Curate client requirements and update SOPs
– Process and delivery quality control
– Vendor and supplier management
– Task and delivery execution
– Technical consulting
– Technical training and mentoring
– Process development and optimization
Multimedia Engineer-shave professional experience in multiple creative applications, strong problem-solving skills, high motivation to learn and master new platforms, creativity, and the ability to adapt to fast changing situations.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
COMPETENCIES include the following. Other criteria and indicators may be assigned.
Multimedia Engineers strive to deliver exceptional Customer Service, Innovation, Quality, and Global Teamwork in all aspects of their work. Core competencies of successful engineers include:
– Timely and professional communication with internal teams, vendors, and clients, both written and oral
– Anticipating and mitigating risks to project delivery, quality, and costs
– Proactively identifying opportunities for improvements, taking action, and measuring success
– Forecasting future capacity needs and setting up new or expanded resources
– Communicating quality and execution failures to vendors to drive corrective action and prevent re-occurrence. Monitoring success/compliance.
– Collaborating closely with partners and vendors in other global time zones
– Bringing new multimedia capabilities to market for cost, service, quality, or workflow improvement
– On-Time Delivery greater than 97%
– Rework ratio less than 5%, measured by production hours
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
This is a mid- to senior-level role. At least three years’ professional experience with Audio, Video, or Multimedia Engineering is required. Direct experience with localization is preferred. Specific KSAs include:
– Process and Workflow design, development, implementation
– Two or more years operational experience with A/V editing applications
– Two or more years operational experience with After Effects and Premiere
– Operational experience with at least one eLearning authoring application
– Experience with Voice Over production, or, managing recording studio suppliers
– Proven experience organizing and managing multiple parallel projects involving external suppliers
– Strong written and oral communication skills
– Responding to RFQ/RFP, and preparing Production quotes or bids
– Knowledge of Windows and Mac systems
Familiarity with the following programs & file types would be a distinct advantage:
– Aegisub Advanced Subtitle Editor
– Broadcast specifications
– Microsoft Excel expertise
Job Type: Full-time