A successful candidate will:
- Research, book and manage guests for a television news and current affairs channel.
- Have a deep reserve of contacts in London and across Europe; people who can be featured as stimulating guests on news bulletins and in talk format TV programming.
- Pitch story ideas and select guests to add value to segments, working with a team of senior producers, input editors, writers and reporters.
- Research and prepare briefings on guests for producers and talent.
- Prove to be a self-starter in managing all logistics for guests from start to finish while working in an effective team environment.
- Expand a contacts database covering of variety of expertise including political, economic, lifestyle, social and entertainment.
- Have a clear understanding of how social media is used to cover and influence news events.
- Thrive under pressure, especially in a “start-up” broadcast and digital media center environment.
- Excel at work within a culturally and ethnically diverse staff.
- Years of experience in live television, preferably at an international news network.
- Strong interest in current events, international relations, business and economics, arts, science and technology.
- Proven editorial judgment.
- Superior research skills with a wide range of contacts in Europe.
- Proven self-starter who demonstrates initiative.
Posting Date: July 17, 2019
Expiry Date: Aug 17, 2019
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £40,000.00 to £80,000.00 /year