SEARCHLIGHT EXECUTIVE: ART DIRECTOR, CHILDREN’S CG ANIMATED TV SERIES
Company: SEARCHLIGHT EXECUTIVE
Location: London (Greater)
An experienced Art Director is required at one of the UK’s most well-established and award-winning animation studios.
Our client is one of the UK’s biggest and most respected animation studios, which has delivered a portfolio of award-winning CG animated children’s programmes.
As Art Director you will be responsible for creating and maintaining the visual style and quality of a brand new TV show which is based on well-known IP.
- Analyse episodic scripts to determine key characters, props and sets
- Develop and communicate a clear design vision (including characters, locations, props, backgrounds, lighting, and colour) to support the overall creative vision
- Lead the design team, inspiring and elevating the artists to deliver their best work
- Oversee workflow to ensure all deadlines are met
With significant experience as an Art Director, or possibly a Lead Designer, you will have strong drawing and painting skills and a knowledge of colour theory and lighting.
You will be able to create concepts for characters, props and sets, and adapt and work within different styles as required. Experience of transitioning 2D picture book drawings to 3D CG animation would be of particularly interest.
A deep understanding of and experience in leading a TV animation pipeline is essential, as is knowledge of story boarding and cinematography.
You will also demonstrate proven leadership skills, and the ability to meet deadlines and keep a team on schedule.
An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate.
If your skills & experience fit the above requirements and you would like to take the next step, please apply online attaching your CV in WORD format.
What to EXPECT
- Searchlight only advertises active roles.
- Your details will be sent directly to the Consultant who is handling this role.
- Due to the expected heavy response to this position, unfortunately only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
If this role isn’t quite right, but you would like us to have your CV on file, please click here
To learn more about Searchlight, see: www.searchlight.com