Purpose of the Role As a Content Policy Manager/Advisor you will be responsible for leading and participating in project teams with the aim of securing the best outcomes for UK citizens and consumers across the broadcasting and media industries. You will work across an exciting range of issues, gaining real insight and understanding of the content industries we regulate. This could include considering whether the value of a new television, radio or online service justifies the impact it has on competitors, or assessing how easy it is for viewers to find the channels and content they want to watch on TV or online. The work you do will have a real, long term impact in sectors that affect all of us.
Requirements of the Role
- Policy development: Identifying policy questions, scoping the analysis needed to answer them, and working with colleagues to develop solutions.
- Project management: Managing or participating in project teams to ensure audiences continue to be able to access high quality content.
- Drafting: Producing written documents and materials for both internal and external audiences.
- Stakeholder management: Developing and managing relationships with businesses, public bodies and other stakeholders, and representing Ofcom’s position at meetings.
- Line management: There may be opportunities to line manage Associates and Graduates within the team.
Skills, knowledge and experience Our colleagues come from a variety of different academic and career backgrounds, and have developed their skills in many different roles and sectors. The core skills for the role are:
- Analytical skills: You should be able to demonstrate your ability to think creatively about problems and develop effective, evidence-based solutions.
- Communication skills: You should be able to communicate arguments to different audiences using a variety of skills.
- Teamwork and leadership skills: You should be able to demonstrate planning and organisational skills, and the ability to collaborate with and incorporate insights from a range of colleagues.
- Relationship building skills: You should be able to build and maintain working relationships with a broad range of people, including industry stakeholders, and colleagues across Ofcom.
- Ofcom Values: Appreciation of and a desire to promote Ofcom’s corporate values of excellence, agility, empowerment and collaboration.
To apply for this job please visit jobviewtrack.com.
Returners Programme – Content Policy Manager/Advisor
Ofcom job in London
You may also be interested in...
- Head of Research & Development Operations – London – Technicolor – London ⧁ A summary of what you will do: This is a critical requirement for MPC’s R&D ...
- Office Administrator, Digital Production Team – Time Warner – London ⧁ London 18-Apr-2019 Office Administrator, Digital Production Team Turner United Kingdom – London Digital/Interactive Media Requisition # 169332BR Business Unit_TBS 3520 Industry Advertising, Cable/Broadcast Television Networks, ...
- Production Assistant (Temporary) – Time Warner – Atlanta, GA ⧁ Temporary 15-Apr-2019 Production Assistant (Temporary) Turner United States – Georgia – Atlanta Digital/Interactive Media Requisition # 169255BR Business Unit_TBS CNEWS Industry Advertising, Cable/Broadcast Television Networks, ...
- VFX Production Assistant – Technicolor – London ⧁ Our Production team are responsible for managing the artists, schedules and client expectations of ...
- ATD – double negative visual effects – Vancouver, BC ⧁ Description As an Assistant Technical Director (ATD) you will perform a variety of tasks to ...