The post-holder will provide 360 degree communications support for BBC Drama output and events content, planning and executing proactive publicity campaigns across traditional and digital media, identifying and managing reputational issues and crises, managing on-air talent and production executives, and working within a priority-based publicity strategy to achieve the optimum profile for a range of output in order to enhance the reputation of the relevant channel / service and the BBC.
This role will require you to provide the relevant output/programmes and editorial teams with an authoritative source of advice on all aspects of press/media and publicity to agreed standards of quality and cost.You will create and implement written programme strategies, agreed with the relevant Comms Manager to deliver an effective 360 degree communications campaigns on proactively promoted programmes, through its full public service lifecycle.It will be your responsibility for the management of the campaigns, only referring up to provide information or when the issue is felt to have impact on the wider BBC.
Are you the right candidate?
The successful individual will need you to have a proven track record of achievement in Television Drama publicity. You will have an in depth knowledge of the drama industry. You’ll also have a good understanding of the media environment and the news gathering process both in radio, television, online and the written press and knowledge of broader marketing and activities. In addition you to have excellent news sense with the ability to write crisp, clear and lively press releases and copy, which stimulates both press and public interest.
Location: New Broadcasting House, London
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
To apply for this job please visit jobviewtrack.com.
Publicist- Drama – BBC
BBC job in London
You may also be interested in...
- Head of Research & Development Operations – London – Technicolor – London ⧁ A summary of what you will do: This is a critical requirement for MPC’s R&D ...
- Office Administrator, Digital Production Team – Time Warner – London ⧁ London 18-Apr-2019 Office Administrator, Digital Production Team Turner United Kingdom – London Digital/Interactive Media Requisition # 169332BR Business Unit_TBS 3520 Industry Advertising, Cable/Broadcast Television Networks, ...
- Production Assistant (Temporary) – Time Warner – Atlanta, GA ⧁ Temporary 15-Apr-2019 Production Assistant (Temporary) Turner United States – Georgia – Atlanta Digital/Interactive Media Requisition # 169255BR Business Unit_TBS CNEWS Industry Advertising, Cable/Broadcast Television Networks, ...
- VFX Production Assistant – Technicolor – London ⧁ Our Production team are responsible for managing the artists, schedules and client expectations of ...
- ATD – double negative visual effects – Vancouver, BC ⧁ Description As an Assistant Technical Director (ATD) you will perform a variety of tasks to ...