Iran International Television
Iran International Television is a Farsi-language news channel which is targeted at people living in Iran and those in the Farsi speaking diaspora. It is a news and factual channel with news bulletins, talk shows, documentaries, features and magazine content across broadcast, digital and social media.
The Programming Assistant is a key role in the commissioning team designed to help ensure efficient delivery of mainly non-news programing for broadcast. The assistant will operate under and report to the Programming and Sales Coordinator and the Director of Programming to maintain systems for tracking and ensuring all processes are in place for commissioning and in-house programmes to take them from pitch to on-air.
- Receiving pitches from in-house and exterior and ensuring they are catalogued and responded to within agreed timelines.
- Creating and maintaining a database showing the proposals at every stage of the commissioning process.
- Helping with administrative and contractual requirements of projects as well as keeping track of progress.
- Creating regular packs of proposals for sign-off meetings, taking minutes and reflecting actions in ongoing tracker.
- Communicating with all stakeholders to ensure they receive updated information regularly
- Seeking and circulating financial payment terms and agreements for all projects.
- Following up on delivery schedules for programming and of promos in close partnership with the scheduling team.
- Providing advice on management of projects.
- Viewing content and giving feedback as required.
- Making sure all content is delivered according to terms of the contract and in quality agreed.
- Coordinating with the social media and on-air promotions team to promote the programmes effectively.
- Monitoring the programmes on all platforms to make sure that there’s no faults/issues.
Work closely with Network Services to ensure commercial contracts are tightly drawn up.
- Great administrative skills.
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Attention to detail – is attentive to the finer print in documents and can spot errors.
- Strong communicator both written and spoken (English and Farsi).
- Ideally, experience of TV or production – if not a strong interest in TV and film.
- Have an understanding of Ofcom compliance requirements for Broadcast.
- Confident in reporting to senior management.
- Fluent Farsi speaker. Must be able to read, write and type in Farsi.
To apply for this job please visit www.simplyhired.co.uk.
Programming Assistant – Iran International Television
Iran International Television job in London
You may also be interested in...
- Head of Research & Development Operations – London – Technicolor – London ⧁ A summary of what you will do: This is a critical requirement for MPC’s R&D ...
- Office Administrator, Digital Production Team – Time Warner – London ⧁ London 18-Apr-2019 Office Administrator, Digital Production Team Turner United Kingdom – London Digital/Interactive Media Requisition # 169332BR Business Unit_TBS 3520 Industry Advertising, Cable/Broadcast Television Networks, ...
- Production Assistant (Temporary) – Time Warner – Atlanta, GA ⧁ Temporary 15-Apr-2019 Production Assistant (Temporary) Turner United States – Georgia – Atlanta Digital/Interactive Media Requisition # 169255BR Business Unit_TBS CNEWS Industry Advertising, Cable/Broadcast Television Networks, ...
- VFX Production Assistant – Technicolor – London ⧁ Our Production team are responsible for managing the artists, schedules and client expectations of ...
- ATD – double negative visual effects – Vancouver, BC ⧁ Description As an Assistant Technical Director (ATD) you will perform a variety of tasks to ...